Senior Admissions Manager
Reports to: Head of Admissions
Department: Postgraduate and/or MBA admissions portfolios.
Responsible for the recruitment and admissions of students in the Academic Area for postgraduate and MBA portfolio.
Essential criteria for successful consideration:
- NQF 8 (Postgraduate level) qualification
- Prior experience of managing admissions in a tertiary institution
- Experience in the SA Higher Education sector and good understanding of Higher Education policy and procedures
- Academic Admissions understanding relating to postgraduate/MBA portfolios
The successful applicant will be expected to assist the Head of Admissions in the following areas:
- Provide expert guidance on complex decision making and admissions related policy andregulation
- Act as key advisor on admissions policy, trends, and
- Work in conjunction with faculty and departmental staff to support the conversion of applicants to registered students.
- Work closely with the sales and program delivery teams to ensure seamless student attraction, admissions and support through their student journeys.
- Attend and minute meetings.
- Manage the admissions processing for the Postgraduate and/or MBA programmes, in close liaison with the Head of Admissions and other key stakeholders
- Liaise with associated departments (Sales, Marketing, Programme support) in a way that enhances the student journey at every opportunity.
- Handle telephone and email enquiries from prospective students independently, empathetically, and professionally.
- Ensuring prompt follow up on outstanding queries and assisting applicants throughout the application process.
- Process incoming applications for the Postgraduate and MBA programmes, checking qualifications, the validity of decisions and authenticity of results.
- Ensure that correct procedures are followed when dealing with anomalies in the application process and communicate them accordingly.
- Provide intelligent and critical analysis on status of applications and propose system enhancements in line with changes in business requirements.
- Enquiries & Recruitment
- Raise concerns and propose mitigating actions to alleviate potential admissions backlogs.
- Participate in School Open Days and information sessions.
- Provide insights on ways to improve the admissions process