Our client in the banking sector requires a Security Officer on a 6 months contract role to provide a superior and quality level of service to the internal and external customers.
- Timeous funding of accounts
- Timeous confirmation of corporate actions
- Timeous preparation of Vostro reconciliation
- Timeous identification of system errors and logging on Jira for productions support remediation
- Attend to and manage day to day operational issues and ensure that all outstanding issues are attended to and escalated and attend to departmental meetings.
- Ensure that all transactions and trades reporting are processed, confirmed and settled on a timely and accurate basis with the entire Market, with department controls being carried out in accordance with current procedures and timelines including four eye principles for the entire ZAR Department and ensure that all our queues are cleared daily.
- Identify, discuss and implement operational efficiency and control improvements, explore new methods, ideas and provide recommendations for risk preventative measures.
- Ensure timely investigation, identification, escalation and resolution of business queries within the required amount of time.
- Monitor all our collateral holdings for all Bonds/NCD’s in our script accounts and ensure that we always have enough stock to sell to be able to settle all our trades with the entire Bond/Money Market.
- To provide support to Front Office and ensure timely and accurate matching, confirmation and settlement of Money Market Instruments and Bonds with STRATE, SARB, NUTRON and other Banks.
- Ensure that all ISIN requests correctly done, all ISIN reductions, Top Ups are actioned and ISIN’s are De-issued when required.
- Investigate all exceptions on failing/failed trades, why they are failing and do impact analysis if is there a need to extend the window or it can be settled the following day.
- Raise Operational incidents within 24 hours, ensuring that all potential losses and fines are reported to Risk and the Head of Department as soon as they are identified and Raise Jira for all system challenging issues.
- Able to deal confidently and independently with a wide range of operational issues, providing support to the team and other departments for more complex problems or queries regarding the settlement issues to our members and resolving their queries 1st time.
- Assist team to ensure that deadlines are met on time and ensure productivity improvements.
- Call up crisis meetings in case where there are system/settlement breaks and business huge risk and losses are expected to mitigate losses.
- Ensure that the departmental reconciliation is up to date and all outstanding issues are queried and attended to and resolved.
- Do margining for our collateral stock lease with the Dealing Room to ensure that we comply with our Prudential Regulation with the SARB and all our internal desks, when the stock depreciates and ensure that we increase the holdings to put it in line with the Market.
- Ensure quality assurance relating to customer communication before its forwarded to our customers and stakeholders.
- Ensure all payments are processed within the specified cut off times in the various Back Office systems, and that all deals have been processed.
- Providing an excellent level and quality customer service always.
- Ensure that Control First checklist is completed and all related controls are actioned daily.
- Ensure that our CONNECT sessions take place, update the connect sheet and stats.
- Come up new ways of working and support the initiative.
- Co-ordinate Departmental projects with regards to system changes, breaks and implementation and ensure that they are successful implemented.
- Facilitate new product implementation by ensuring that the New Product Checklist is completed and approved for all new product information and implementation.
- Involvement in UAT testing of different testing systems prior to implementation and post implementation
- Ensure that Prime Rates are adjusted accordingly when there is a change in rates, send out communication to STRATE/ IT department to ensure that all the rates are updated accordingly for all our clients after the MPC (Monetary Policy Committee) has changed the rates.
- Ensure that we maintain our ISO 9001 certification.
- Ensure that no outstanding balances are carried to the new month in all our accounts.
- Monitor and manage the conduct of internal and external audits and ensure that all audit findings are attended to.
- Identify, discuss and implement operational efficiency and control improvements.
- Compile the monthly stats for the Department on MIS
- Complete the required Compliance training.
- Continuously updating the job descriptions and ensure that they are aligned to business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or Relevant undergraduate degree:
- Banking Operations knowledge \Bond Knowledge\ Money Market Knowledge.
- Strate Exams/ Registered Persons Examinations
- 3 -5 Years
- Business knowledge and understanding of Treasury Operations.
- Clear knowledge of Business processes, Money Market Products and Money Market Systems.
- Good computer literacy in Word, Excel Advance, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Good understanding of the various Swift messages MT199’s, MT202’s.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.