The Section 37C, Disability and Funeral Claims specialist administrator is responsible to accurately and timeously perform all Section 37C related activities through the co-ordinating of death, disability and funeral claims information as per agreed service levels between SALT EB and the Fund and support the trustees with the death, disability and funeral claims process whilst meeting production standards.
To provide efficient administration and verification service in respect to quality assurance of risk claims that results in the improvement of client service and to minimize financial risk. The responsibility is to ensure that all claims and related documents conform to the set standards, within the agreed service levels and that the claim is ready for processing.
The duties include requesting information, responding to enquiries and providing assistance to members and beneficiaries, Compliance, Client Services, the Contact Centre, employers and external service providers.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Perform all Section 37C related activities which include the complete death claim processing cycle of all death claims, all death related enquiries and complaints.
- Liaise with members, beneficiaries, employers and/or relevant stakeholders in a professional manner in order to obtain and clarify details regarding the claims (both verbal and written).
- Quality assure and review the death claim documentation in order to ensure the documentation is accurate, complete and compliant with relevant legislation.
- Liaise with the relevant affiliations in order to resolve issues around incorrect or incomplete documentation.
- Prepare investigation report detailing findings together with motivation for the distribution of the benefit for the Trustees to verify and approve at the Death Benefit Disposal Sub-Committee meeting.
- Prepare a report on death cases for presentation to Trustees at the Death Benefit Disposal Sub- Committee meeting on a monthly basis.
- Report on inflow and outflow of death claims statistics for Fund.
- Process payment of death once approved by Trustees within the agreed service levels.
- Keep abreast of all requirements in the retirement industry as set out by the FSCA and the relevant legislation.
- Process Section 37C claims according to the rules, policies, legislation, administration procedures and the service level agreement.
- Provide accurate information to clients in order to ensure that they receive appropriate service.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver on service level agreements agreed between internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that expectations are managed with beneficiaries.
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
- Meet production standards in terms of quantity and quality.
- Provide regular reports on the delivery of services against agreed service level agreements and in terms of overall customer targets.
- Devote the whole of your time, attention and abilities during working hours to the discharge of your duties with strict accuracy.
- Any other duties as determined by the business needs and participate in all organizational events as required.
- Work overtime as determined by the business needs and in terms of the company policy.
RECORD KEEPING AND FILING
- Attach all email correspondence to the deceased or disabled member's Everest record.
- Record all appropriate member notes on deceased or disabled member's Everest record.
- Attend to all email and telephonic enquiries both internal and external.
- Assist Compliance, Client Services, the Contact Centre, employers and external service providers to resolve queries.
- Follow through and provide client with on-going feedback until enquiry is resolved.
- Support a positive and responsive climate for client enquiry resolution.
- Action all escalated enquiries within 24 - 72 hours.
- Accept accountability and take responsibility for any work done or allocated.
- Display a willing and helpful attitude.
- Action any other responsibilities allocated by the Team Leader and or Head of.
- Build and maintain relationships at all levels with employers, service providers and internal departments to enhance organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Use your best endeavors’ to properly conduct, improve, extend, develop, promote, protect and preserve the business interests, reputation and goodwill of the company
- Excellent time management.
- Must be available to work overtime when the need arises.
- Flexible and ability to work under pressure and multitask.
- Matric certificate with mathematics
- COP on Retirement Funds or equivalent qualification
- Good command of English
- Ability to communicate in one or more African languages
- FICA Awareness training
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 – 5 years employee benefits / retirement fund administration experience specifically in a similar role assessing Section 37C claims and dealing with beneficiaries, employers and other stakeholders.
- A solid knowledge of pension fund legislation, (specifically Section 37C), regulations and
- Analytical and investigative.
- Everest experience will be advantageous.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent numerical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Methodical and meticulous.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A self-starter who can work independently with minimal support but who can also work in a team environment.
- Ensure adherence to all organizational objectives
- Devote the whole of your time, attention and abilities during working hours to discharge of your duties with strict accuracy.
- Use your best endeavors to properly conduct, improve, extend, develop, promote, protect and preserve the business interest, reputation and goodwill of the company.
- Any other duties as determined by the business needs and to participate in all organizational events as required.
- Innovative thinking
- High ethics
- Needs to appreciate the importance of filing and reports
- Detailed orientated