This role is tasked with supporting Fuel industry software and hardware solutions, based on industry and best practice requirements. The role will also develop to include various terminal automation project implementations.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Work in a support desk team providing support to global and local oil & gas companies covering multiple time zones.
- Provide 1st line operational support on a 24/7 shift rotation basis
- Support clients Supply Chain Software Solutions – (FUELFACS Training will be provided)
- Train key or end users on software solutions
- Support the installation and configuration of Software Applications
- Support the setup SQL Server Databases
- Support Customer Acceptance Testing - incorporating software, field measurement devices, communications architecture
- Travel - Local, African and International may be required
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Deliver support service to quality standards and contractual obligations across multiple clients (e.g. client SLAs, project milestones)
- Act as resource for terminal automation project implementations
- IT Diploma/Degree
- ITIL certification advantageous
- Knowledge of SQL advantageous
- Microsoft MSCE/MCP/MSDE advantageous
- 1-2 years relevant experience in customer support
- Logical and analytical approach to solving problems and resolving issues
- Computer software skills (MS Server OS, SQL, IIS, Office etc.)
- Some software development and report writing skills will be an advantage.
- Documentation and report writing. Crystal reports writing an added advantage
- Confident and enthusiastic. Comfortable at engaging at all stakeholder levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive Team Player
- Customer focussed
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to develop relationships and deal with conflict
- Maintain effectiveness in the face of setbacks or pressure
- Plans, prioritizes, and organizes work effectively to produce measurable results
- Builds and sustains cooperative working relationships