Our client in the Banking Sector requires a Scrum Master for a 12-month contract who will manage the Agile practice execution, ensuring it is understood and enacted.
The primary goal of the Scrum Master is to assist the team in meeting delivery goals and operates as a servant leader who helps team to self-organise, self-manage, and deliver via effective Agile practice.
- Some professional coaching skills and a significant level of skill in facilitation and mentoring is key.
- Coordinate and Plan team and organisational flow Outputs and measures
- Facilitate the end-to-end execution of the process (Daily stand-up meetings, Iteration planning, Demos/ showcases and retrospectives).
- Facilitate preparation and readiness for team ceremonies or showcases.
- Support and work towards ensuring the team dynamic functions well – Execution of work requires a cohesive team with well-defined parameters to work.
- Remove all impediments to optimise work through the team ensuring that iterations are running smooth.
- Protects the team from uncontrolled injection of work.
- Coordinates with other teams, ensuring they understand which of their interactions with the Agile team are helpful and which are not.
- Sets the stage and provides clear boundaries in which the team can collaborate.
- Eliminates impediments that block the team from meeting delivery goals.
- Support the Product Owner to track changes in scope and communicate these changes to relevant stakeholders.
- Guides the team in establishing normalised estimations and helps the team estimate larger features. Support the Product Owner and Feature Analyst in prioritising the backlog regularly and making sure the highest priority items are worked on, per iteration. Output group
- Facilitate an inclusive environment Outputs and measures.
- Exhibits Lean-Agile leadership.
- Coordinate with programme-level members to communicate team status.
- Help the team focus on continuous improvement.
- Mentor the team members to become problem solvers for themselves.
- Ensure the team follows agreed-to Agile practices.
- Supports the product owner in ensuring a healthy intra-team dynamic.
- Facilitate the accomplishment of the team goals.
- Build a high-performing team by managing intrapersonal conflicts. Output group
- Monitor and reporting progress Outputs and measures.
- Keep track of iteration commitments and reporting on same (e.g., velocity, lead time etc.).
- Generate and maintain team metrics and the tracking thereof (including visual controls and dashboards).
- Update visual management aids, keeping physical/ electronic status updates in sync.
- Identify and seek to minimise waste in collaboration with the team.
- Facilitate raising of Risk, Issues, Assumptions and Dependencies and propagating them to the Release Train Engineer.
- Facilitates all team meetings, including daily stand-up, iteration planning, team demo and iteration retrospective.
- IT or Computer Sciences Degree
- Post Graduate Diploma : IT and Computer Sciences Preferred other qualifications, certifications, or professional memberships Certificated Scrum Master / Experience of Kanban / Software Development Lifecycle.
- Sound knowledge of Agile methodology
- Practical experience in working in a variety of business areas within IT.
- Understanding and experience of the various disciplines within IT and how they relate to each other
- 5-7 Years’ Experience Description: Kanban / Software Development Lifecycle Experience required
- 5-7 Years’ Experience Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, and empowerment