PBT Group requires a Senior SAS Developers with Oracle and SQL, with at least 3 years relevant experience to join an existing project at a Short-term Insurance company.
- Plan and analyse complex business requirements and implement technology enabled solutions to address multi-discipline business opportunities/problems.
- Conduct planning, analysis and design activities in conjunction with other development specialists.
- Participate in analysis of complex business opportunities/problems to deliver designs meeting requirements.
- Participate in estimation of tasks and assist in the development of project plans.
- Code or makes modifications to programs of high complexity, according to specifications.
- Conduct medium to high complexity evaluations for product releases, stand-alone products, etc.
- Conduct walkthroughs and quality review of deliverables.
- Knowledge of design and developing end-to-end data acquisition processes to be used in population of data warehouse/data marts and/or in the creation of interfaces.
- Provide guidance and mentoring on business intelligence technology and systems in general, especially in the area of ETL processes.
- Participate in the formulation of standards to support the data acquisition development process.
- Design, develop and execute complex data acquisition or interface routines using ETL tool, ensuring that business and technical requirements are met.
- Ensure compliance with established policies, standards and methodologies.
- Intimate knowledge of source systems as well as a basic understanding of dimensional models.
- Conventional database- and data warehouse modelling skills, in order to understand the data warehouse data models.
- A sound knowledge of the programming language used to write the data staging programs or ETL tool.
- A sound knowledge of SQL, or the language used to access the source databases and the data warehouse from the data staging programs or ETL tool.
- A sound knowledge of the capabilities of the ETL tools, to know what their capabilities and shortcomings are – in order to exploit or avoid those aspects in the data staging programs.
- Pride of work, thoroughness and attention to detail.
- SAS Base, Macros (in-depth knowledge)
- 3+ years ETL development experience
- 2 to 3 years Business intelligence/warehouse design experience
- SAS experience essential
- SAS tool knowledge/architecture
- Database build
- Predictive modelling
- Enterprise search
- Interactive visualisation techniques
- In memory analytics
- Understanding of the integration challenges within BI
- Performance management
- Multi-dimensional data analysis
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING:
- Course on the ETL / related toolset.
- Relevant data warehouse and BI solution training
- B.Sc. or related degree is advantageous.