The Sales Development Consultant is responsible for selling the business’s products & services. The major responsibility includes implementing sales plans, documenting quotes, and reporting sales performance to the Sales Executive.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Achieve revenue and GP targets as per sales plan.
- Manage pipeline and activities accordingly.
- Develop and maintain excellent product knowledge to ensure our products are well represented in the market.
- Ability to sell the benefits and value of all products.
- Speak to a minimum of 15 clients per day.
- Conduct prospecting calls daily to grow market share.
- Prepare timeous quotes, proposals and follow ups in response to clients’ needs.
- Adopt the Adapt IT sales methodology; attend sales meetings to report on progress against sales plans, log every interaction on SAP CRM (CRM system) and prepare sales feedback reports as required.
- Travel to and from clients when necessary
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
Technical Skills Knowledge & Abilities
- Excellent track record in solution sales and achieving targets consistently.
- Problem solving skills and ability to deal with potentially difficult clients.
- Mature individual with high level of emotional intelligence.
- Good computer literacy in general, particularly with MS Office and CRM systems.
- Retail background preferable.
Behavioural / Soft Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Positive attitude.
- “Hunter” type of profile.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of professionalism.
- Well-developed problem solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills.
- Self-starter who is highly motivated.
- Proven ability to excel under pressure in a very busy environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work across multiple projects.
Computer Skills and Knowledge
- Good computer literacy.
- Experience in working with a CRM system.
- Knowledge of retail software systems highly desirable.
Details of Experience
- Essential requirements: At least 5+ years’ software sales (either internal or external) experience in a high-volume environment – as evidenced by proven track record.
- Desirable requirements: Retail software experience.
Education & Qualification
- Essential requirements: Completed Matric.
- Desirable requirements: Formal sales training is highly recommended. Completed degree is preferable.
Email CV to Anandi.Faber@protem.co.za