General Employment - Other General Employment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science/ Marketing /Research /Economics
- Postgraduate degree in Research/Marketing/Economics/Social Sciences will be an added advantage.
- 5 years of experience
- Management and economics (macro and micro) analysis experience will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the concepts of nation and place brand management, knowledge of key domestic and international social, political and economic trends and ability to interpret multiple sets of information/data to apply to specific projects.
- Ability to identify and develop innovative concepts, models and tools to create a proprietary advantage for the organization.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data into intelligence to inform the development of content that conveys the Nation Brand’s value proposition and differentiates it from others in the competitive field.
- High level of knowledge of the range of social science research methods, applied research analysis skill of both quantitative and qualitative data, developed writing and communication skills.
Key Performance Areas:
- Work with General Manager on the development of target market environment analysis for both domestic and international operations.
- Contribute input into the overall conceptualisation and development of the research strategy.
- Manage and update key country performance indicators derived from 3rd party and primary research sources.
- Interacts extensively with all areas of the business particularly marketing project management and stakeholder management to develop new ideas for Nation Brand research.
- Provide support for research reference groups, report writing and analysis of stakeholder engagement sessions.
- Support General Manager with the planning, research and analysis work needed for the SA Competitiveness Forum.
- Support General Manager with the analysis and updating of Nation Brand Performance presentations and indicators.
- Serve as the critical point person with stakeholders (internal): receive and document requests for data, queries, and analytics, answer questions, and follow-up with clients after data and analytics are delivered to ensure stakeholder needs are met
- Assist General Manager with the preparation of monthly and quarterly management reports (on content, financial, resource utilisation, etc.)
- Assist the General Manager: Research, and Chief Marketing Officer in preparing presentations for stakeholder engagements and relevant meetings.
- Delegate work assignments and tasks to appropriate individuals, providing sufficient direction so desired business outcomes can be achieved.
- Develop and maintain South Africa focused information and research portal with GM: Research.
- Undertake, synthesize, package and present brand and portfolio market research efforts according to the needs of stakeholders (internal and external).
- Conduct in-depth reference interviews with stakeholders to identify key questions to be addressed by the research as well as the nature and purpose of the deliverable.
- Support the research unit with administrative duties: Maintain updated Portfolio of Evidence for all projects, Support the unit’s financial management and SCM processes, Maintain an updated calendar of research activities for planning and reporting purposes.
- Conceptualization and development of new research reports and analytics that informs specific marketing, communications and reputation management decisions and problems.
- Staff development, motivation and training.
- Develop the insights required for communication briefs for use by marketing in order to generate concepts for effective execution of marketing programs and objectives.
- Assist General Manager with budget planning for research projects.
- Manage financial resources cost effectively.
- Develop market forecasts for all marketed and planned products based on robust market analysis, including target market segmentation, market access, marketing programs and competitive intelligence, dashboards/trackers, trend and performance reporting.
- Primary and secondary brand and portfolio market research efforts. Supports Strategic Marketing teams and stakeholder teams to build capabilities and processes.
- Provide direct reports with leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills.
- Build and manage relationships with staff members.
- Manage risks and address issues as they arise.
- Performance Management – ensure that team members achieve their Performance Objectives as per individual agreements.