RELATIONSHIP MANAGER CA(SA)
Unique opportunities at Associate (Jhb and CT) and Director levels are available (Jhb) (depending on experience) at this award-winning, multi-national company!
The roles require RECENTLY QUALIFIED OR MORE EXPERIENCED CA(SA) with an excellent academic, leadership/cultural/sports and performance record, to manage a book of clients where he/she will be the primary contact for client families and co-ordinate their overall affairs and engagement with this prestigious wealth management company. It involves close and regular interaction with clients and third parties of the Group as well as with internal departments and business units.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant professional Finance Services industry experience post articles
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g B.Com, B.BusSci or related degree, STEP, ICSA, ACCA, IOD etc.) and SAICA registration
- Technical application and understanding
- Qualified CA(SA)
- A comprehensive understanding of or interest in financial markets and investment management
- A comprehensive understanding of, or interest in, trust and corporate structuring, and the principles of corporate governance to be applied in a family setting, gained through practical experience and/or as part of a qualification/degree
- Interpersonal skills necessary to develop a deep understanding of clients’ needs
- Ability to work well within a team where the emphasis is on the team rather than the individual and to pursue team objectives with energy.
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to deal with UHNW individuals, who expects excellence.
- Understands and satisfies client needs at all times, delivers excellent client service, and takes full responsibility and accountability for all client matters including delegated tasks
- A flair for service excellence and customer focus
- Total confidentiality and discretion at all times
PRINCIPAL ELEMENTS & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Build and maintain long term relationships with clients which includes all forms of contact/communication with clients and their advisers
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments/business divisions of the Group to effectively manage the clients’ affairs
- Support the business development/marketing efforts of the Group.
- Development of new relationships through existing networks for business development purposes, with a medium-term expectation to grow the business organically and through engaging new clients.
- Consult with third party professionals such as lawyers, tax specialists and asset managers, and obtain their opinions pertaining to the management of the clients’ affairs
- Run clients’ affairs including preparing meeting documents, analysing performance of investments, valuing investments, analysing costs
- Run/chair official client family council meetings in conjunction with a Senior Partner of the firm
- Ensure all transactions pertaining to the management of the clients’ affairs are executed timely, efficiently and accounted for correctly
- Obtain in-depth knowledge of our clients, their businesses, and the family dynamics, maintain the client file with meeting notes, becoming familiar with the trust deed and entity structures
- Approve payments, cash management, forex transactions
- Review financial statements of client entities
- Renegotiate existing loans with banks, negotiate new loans with banks
- Review contracts between client entities and third parties
- Share and develop expertise and provide team members with technical assistance on complex documentation, including reviewing and drafting where necessary.
- Understand and manage risk involved in administering structure, ensuring internal procedures are adhered to and maintained
We welcome all applications from candidates that meet the above set requirements. Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful should you not hear from us within 7 days from the date of application.