A reputable medical university with a global footprint located in the West Indies is seeking a Regional Sales Executive with 5-10 years’ experience within a similar environment to join their global team.
Reporting to the Director of Recruitment, Commercial Engagements, the Regional Director, Africa is responsible for developing, implementing and managing the tactical and strategic international enrollment efforts in Sub-Saharan Africa. This position is responsible for achieving, within agreed budgets, all recruitment targets from the designated market and supplying critical market feedback for the further development of the university’s initiatives and recruitment.
- The Regional Director has responsibility for development and execution of strategic and tactical plans to achieve recruitment targets, expand the university’s customer base and ensure a strong presence in the designated market
- Management of recruitment team in designated market; objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of team members to achieve individual targets, ensure sustainable growth and maintain the university’s best-in-class recruitment ethos
- Travel within designated market (with flexibility to extend travel and work to other regions) approximately 75% of time, to train and coach the university’s recruitment team, meet with prospective students, present academic programs, maintain relations with academic affiliates, agents, Govt. bodies etc. and monitor targeted activities
- Develop key account plans for tier one agents and academic affiliates, understand their business needs and objectives, build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Identify emerging market opportunities and market shifts while being fully aware of new programmes and competition status
- Become thoroughly knowledgeable about comparative education systems and implement strategies for efficient review of international academic credentials
- Maintain current information on visa regulations (especially of Grenada, Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom) and how they impact the student during the admission process, basic sciences, clinical training, and postgraduate training in selected countries
- Develop a deep understanding of all aspects of the university and effectively communicate the university’s value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Develop and implement weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports which track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across all recruitment channels in the region. Understand region-specific landscapes and trends, and report on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction. Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the Leadership Team
- Supply critical market feedback (from agents, academic affiliates, Govt. bodies, school counselors, students and families) for the further development of the university’s initiatives and recruitment.
- Work closely with the Growth and Development team to identify institutions for partnerships or affiliations within designated market and support the process of discussions to fruition.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to supply market feedback on collateral development and marketing activities by the university to further enrollment goals, including in-country recruitment events to build brand awareness and generate interest in target regions.
- Collaborate with the university “on-shore recruitment” and other university international representatives, to meet overarching international enrollment goals.
- Work with international Admission Advisors to develop, maintain and enhance relationships with representatives from universities, organizations and offices within each region.
- Work with Operations team to conduct ongoing evaluation of processes and adjust as necessary to ensure compliance with overall recruitment strategy
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic Results oriented.
- Ability to work well under pressure; significant organizational skills and ability to set priorities
- Self-starter, capable of asserting ideas, making decisions and providing feedback
- A strategic and creative thinker, with strong attention to detail
- An ability to develop strong relationships with others and leverage those relationships across the business
- Excellent leadership skills and experience in leading and developing highly driven and motivated teams
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of sales & marketing concepts
- Demonstrated ability to execute results against strategy
- Experience of selling a prestigious, high value offering
- Ability to travel long distances and for extended times
- Candidates should have a strong background in international higher education and recruitment, a passion for translating data into actionable insight and substantial international experience.
- The candidate should be able to gather and maintain metrics and create concise reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, graduate degree in related international area preferred.
- Minimum ten years of professional work experience with at least five years in a global or enrollment planning environment performing similar work
- Experience working with spreadsheets, data analysis tools, statistics and working knowledge of CRM’s and various university SIS’s.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- This job is performed in a positive, creative and collaborative environment.
- Office location: Designated region or city.
- Ability to travel long distances and for extended times
Hours and Travel
- Travel to target regions, approximately 75% of time
- Unsociable and weekend work required at certain peak periods.