Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Meeting with suppliers and negotiate terms of contracts, rates and prices
- Maintaining relationship with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers
- Regular review of supplier rates, research the market for best prices
- Provide support and advice to management and staff in relation to procurement and stores
- Ensure that procurement activities increase the profitability of the company.
- Ensure that material, equipment arrive on time and that suppliers are paid on time
- Provide feedback on areas of cost saving and execution thereof
- Oversee preparation, review and process of purchase orders and stock systems
- Oversee administration of all procurement activities in Gauteng
- Ensure that all purchases comply with the company procurement policy and procedures
- Liaise with other departments within the organization to establish and support their requirements
- Stores and stock management
Applicants must have the following qualifying criteria:
- Relevant Degree/Diploma in procurement and stores management
- Minimum five years’ previous experience in a stores/ procurement environment is critical.
- Microsoft Office
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, motivating and problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to multi task.
- Own reliable transport
- Valid driver's license