Our client in the Banking Sector requires a Quality Engineer on a 12-month contract, to facilitate the test effort's success by driving quality and test advocacy, resource planning and management, and resolution of issues that impede the test effort. To act as a trusted / expert advisor and specialist resource that provides leadership in the team.
- Monitor team participation and drive active involvement to ensure that the team is providing the accurate information and input to the team.
- Partner with various functional areas and 3rd parties to drive delivery of quality engineering activities through the provision on specialist knowledge.
- Lead, motivate and develop the quality engineering capability to achieve agreed continuous improvement targets.
- Provide thought leadership and educate the organisation about quality engineering,
- to ensure that knowledge and lessons learned are shared.
- Lead and champion quality engineering initiatives across the organisation to act as a change agent, and subsequently influence organisational change.
- Manage and maintain a positive relationship with key stakeholders so that expectations are managed, and communication is clear.
- Drive the overall approach to quality engineering in consultation with other IT partners to drive alignment and respond appropriately to changes.
- Manage and provide overall leadership and communication to the quality engineering community to ensure approach and strategy is clear.
- Ensure that quality engineering practices are aligned to strategic Build initiatives (i.e., Agile, CI, TDD etc.) so that modern engineering practices are continuously employed.
- Make sure that the team is delivering the right test summary or acceptance test summary reports so that the necessary inputs and risk to the feature teams are covered and advised.
- Execute the quality engineering coordination and tracking on the progress of quality engineering activities to ensure risk to solution delivery is quantified and communicated to the delivery team.
- Interact with the development and environment support team and resolve the issues based on team need so that blocks and challenges to the test effort are removed.
- Provide input to project schedules on all quality engineering related activities to ensure that estimations factor the extent of the test effort to minimise risk to product delivery.
- Ensure that the necessary tools and environments are available for quality engineering activities so that test execution activities can progress seamlessly and efficiently.
- Ensure that defined velocity targets are achieved for each iteration or sprint; document and escalate any identified risks accordingly so that delivery expectations are clear to the team.
- Review the previous iteration metrics and provide an improvement plan so that activities related to clearing technical debt and enhancing team skills are considered in the overall delivery.
- Where applicable, ensure that quality engineering entry, exit and suspension criteria are adhered to, to identify risk and drive delivery.
- Coordinate all reporting requirements, including test status, defect monitoring and resolution, risks, metrics definition etc. across all quality engineering activities to ensure that the state of quality engineering is clearly communicated and documented.
- Ensure that team is participating actively on demo/pilot with business team so that business priority is understood and informs the adoption of the risk approach.
- Drive alignment with the automation initiatives with the system team for the relevant portfolios and applications to ensure standardisation in accordance with the team objectives and strategies.
- Manage all quality engineering related activities across the quality engineering lifecycle, including planning, execution, monitoring and reporting of acceptance testing to ensure effective and efficient delivery of quality engineering services.
- Deliver the consolidated approach to quality engineering and provide input to the deliverable to drive compliance to required standards where applicable.
- Plan, track and monitor test-project and quality engineering-related activities so that communication and decision-making pertaining to solution delivery is data driven.