Establishing & Managing process to ensure quality of inputs
- Establishing technical specification for our inputs ensuring suppliers meet them
- Ensuring that we source and use the best inputs
- Evaluating suppliers and holding suppliers to minimum standards
Establishing and managing process to ensure quality of manufactured products
- Ensure QA process are embed in all phases of manufacturing i.e raw materials, in line manufacturing, end of manufacturing, cleaning, ironing, packaging
- Generate and analyze data to quantify quality levels
Benchmark quality levels, diagnose sources of quality issues, implement process improvements to improve quality levels
Achieve ISO quality certification
Establishing and managing processes to evaluate product quality post sale
- Monitoring quality complaints, diagnosing their causes and implementing sourcing/manufacturing improvements to solve them
- Monitoring product performance over time and implementing sourcing/manufacturing improvements to improve product performance
Ensure employees are trained, motivated
- With the aid of the production manager ensure staff is well trained and motivated
Knowledge and skills
- Have strong communication skills (verbal and written). Also possess the ability to communicate effectively with plant supervision and employees. COMPUTER SKILLS A MUST, knowledge of EXCEL desired
- Degree/Diploma in Textiles, or related field.
- Must have strong math skills with decimals, fractions and percentages
- Must be able to measure and understand units of measurement in inches and/or millimeters
- Ability to interpret contract specifications, drawings and purchase descriptions
- 2+ years in a quality assurance role
- Detailed knowledge of apparel quality control, apparel production and testing.
- Understand sewing construction, fabric shrinkage, wash and garment dye processes.
- Experience with use of measurement instruments and gages
- Ruler and tape measure
- Calipers and micrometers
- Weigh scales
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to bend, walk and stand for 8 hours per day
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs. on a repetitive basis
Desired talents (competencies)
- Team-player mentality, with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Understand objectives and work with plant management and employees in a professional manner to achieve goals and continuously improve quality