Our client, a fast growing company in the IT industry is currently looking to employ a Python Developer (Intermediate).
- Contributing to our growing list of Django and Python projects, but primarily to our existing monolithic workflow and claims management system.
- Consistently review other team members’ code, and have your code reviewed as well.
- Work closely with our product owner/s, designers, data/business analysts, and front-end and mobile developers to ensure the platform is achieving its goals.
- Working in an agile environment. That means participating in sprints, sprint rituals, and having good ticket hygiene!
- Knowing your own knowledge gaps and working to close them. We’re all autodidacts and self-starters here, and we’re always learning and improving.
- Being a team player! A willingness to help out where needed, mentor those more junior than you, and step up to whatever challenge we face as a team.
- 2-5 years
- Python 2.7 and 3.5
- Experience with object-oriented principles, methodologies, and patterns.
- Familiarity with PEP-8 is expected, as we follow it strictly as part of our coding standards and practices.
- Experience with migrating a legacy Python project from 2.7 to 3.x is beneficial, but not a requirement.
- Experience with Django Rest Framework is beneficial, but not a requirement.
- Experience with Django Channels or equivalent library for implementing asyc is beneficial, but not a requirement.
- Experience with Pandas and/or NumPy is highly beneficial, but not a requirement as long as you’re willing to learn on the job.
- Knowledge of Django’s templating language is not required.
- Experience with TDD or BDD is beneficial, but not a requirement.
- Experience with PyTest, tox, or equivalent is beneficial.
- Familiarity with its capabilities, such as document storage within the RDB.
- Usage of PostgreSQL-specific Django ORM query functions and tools, beneficial but not a requirement.
- Comfort with implementing custom APIs.
- Knowledge of best practices and standards for implementing an HTTP REST API.
- Ability to use a tool such as Postman, Insomnia, cURL or equivalent API testing/querying tool is highly beneficial.
- Experience using Git Flow as a branching strategy is beneficial, but not a requirement.
Having knowledge or experience in any of the following is not a requirement, but would set you apart from other candidates:
- Experience with data cleaning or validation.
- Setting up a data pipeline, or a data warehouse.
- Implementing caching using Django.
- Experience with task queuing systems, such as Huey, Celery, RQ or equivalent.
- Experience implementing a microservices architecture.
- Experience with integration of multiple custom platforms.
- Experience with implementing an API Gateway.
- Having contributed to an open source Python project, or to the Python community.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.