This person is responsible for:
- Efficient planning and clearing customer yards.
- Managing the baling, loading and cutting of scrap.
- Providing professional, efficient and accurate feedback to the shareholders.
- Monitoring the progress of the project and adjusting goals to achieve optimal profitability.
- Ensuring that customer is satisfied with progress of project.
- Evaluating all collated information and documentation in order to adjust project strategies and goals.
- Ensuring machinery and equipment are in good working order and are maintained as per maintenance schedules.
- Ensuring health and safety standards are practical and adhered to.
- Be able and willing to travel to different sites within South Africa and being away from home for extended periods.
- Own reliable transport
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Supervisory/Managerial Experience
- 3 years’ experience in production, heavy engineering or mining environment.
- Previous demolition experience an added advantage
- Experience in discipline and IR
- Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations
- Knowledge of processing ferrous and non-ferrous materials as well as quality standards
- Extensive knowledge of all scrap processing machinery
- Computer literacy
- Sound decision making and leadership skills.
- Ability to develop and implement operational strategies effectively
- Being self-motivated and taking initiative when the need arises.
- Good administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Excellent organizational ability
- Ability to communicate well (both verbally and in writing)
- Ability to negotiate
- Commitment to a strong business ethic and integrity.
- Must able to work accurately, under pressure, in order to meet strict deadlines
We regret that it is not possible to contact all unsuccessful applicants. Applicants who have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days from the date of their submission should consider their application unsuccessful.