Our client in the Telecoms sector requires an experienced Project Manager on a 11 months contract to assist in the delivery of multiple projects in the HR portfolio, this individual should have previous experience implementing projects both technical and non-technical in nature. The Project Manager should have an understanding how HR products and services need to be designed, developed and launched.
The Project Manager will:
- Be responsible for the Project Team (and ensure that it is fully resourced at all times)
- Define the Project Organisation (the structure of the Project, the arrangements for its Governance, and the Controls that will be used to manage it)
- Define or confirm and gain agreement to the Scope of the Project.
- Prepare and maintain the Project Plan.
- Prepare and maintain the Stakeholder Engagement Plan (if the Project is part of a Programme, this might be developed and managed at programme level)
- Approve work stream Plans and manage dependencies between work streams.
- Manage the Project (using the Project Controls) and ensure governance operates as per the Project Organisation.
- Direct the work stream Managers.
- Report Project Progress to the Project Sponsor (with recommendations for Risk Management and Issue Resolution) and to the Programme Manager where relevant
- Manage Risks for which s/he is identified as the Risk Owner.
- Resolve Issues for which s/he is identified as the Issue Owner.
- Approve (or Reject) Change Requests that are within his/her Delegation of Authority.
- Provide recommendations to the Project Sponsor (and Programme Manager where relevant) as to readiness for Project launches, and work with the Business Owner to develop and implement transition plans for the adoption of project deliverables by the business.
- Support the Programme Manager (where relevant) in his/her management of the Programme.
- Ensure that Project Reviews are carried out after each Project launch and that lessons learned are fed back into the Programme (where relevant) and disseminated to those in at the client who need to know.
The Project Manager will have demonstrable experience in most of the following areas:
- A good presenter with facilitation and negotiation skills.
- 5 years’ experience (delivering HR projects)
- The Project Manager will have a core degree in an appropriate discipline from a recognised institution and be a member of an appropriate professional institution. PMP or PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification is highly desirable.
- Engagement at general manager level in large enterprises or the public sector.
- Capturing and understanding stakeholder needs, desires, and expectations and analysing the impact of the programme on stakeholders, gaining, and maintaining stakeholder support, managing stakeholder communications, and mitigating stakeholder resistance.
- Establishing processes and procedures for maintaining project management oversight and decision-making support throughout the course of the project.
- Establishing project control processes and practices and implementing appropriate tools for efficient project management.
- Managing a team of Work steam Managers
- Working closely with Programme Managers, work stream Managers and stakeholders in identifying and managing dependencies.
- Regularly tracking and reporting on health of Project to all stakeholders.
- Setup and coordination of Project Team and work stream Manager meetings.
- Identifying, managing, and reporting Project level risks and issues.
- Identifying, procuring, and managing suppliers and contractors.
- Appointment and management of the Project Team to create a high-performing project delivery environment.
- Ensuring adherence to the defined project delivery processes for the organisation.
- Planning, organizing, and facilitating general manager level workshops for scoping and planning, and to solve complex problems (using problem-solving techniques like brainstorming, mind-mapping etc.).
- Deployment of best project management practices and suggesting improvements in the organisation’s defined project management approach.
- Establishing and maintaining processes to assure the quality of the project deliverables.
- IT-enabled business transformation