Our client in the Telecoms sector requires a Project Manager - Digital on a short term contract to fill the below requirements;
- The Project Manager will have had at least 7 years’ experience in project management, including at least 4 years as the Project Manager for major, complex, transformation and change initiatives within the digital space.
- The Project Manager will have a core degree in an appropriate discipline from a recognised institution, and be a member of an appropriate professional institution. PMP or PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification is highly desirable.
- Be responsible for the Project Team (and ensure that it is fully resourced at all times)
- Define the Project Organisation (the structure of the Project, the arrangements for its Governance, and the Controls that will be used to manage it)
- Define or confirm, and gain agreement to the Scope of the Project
- Prepare and maintain the Project Plan
- Prepare and maintain the Stakeholder Engagement Plan (if the Project is part of a Programme, this might be developed and managed at programme level)
- Prepare the Communications Strategy and Plan (ditto)
- Assist the Project Sponsor to develop or confirm, and maintain the Project Business Case
- Approve work stream Plans and manage dependencies between work streams
- Manage the Project (using the Project Controls) and ensure governance operates as per the Project Organisation
- Direct the work stream Managers
- Report Project Progress to the Project Sponsor (with recommendations for Risk Management and Issue Resolution) and to the Programme Manager where relevant Manage Risks for which s/he is identified as the Risk Owner
- Resolve Issues for which s/he is identified as the Issue Owner
- Approve (or Reject) Change Requests that are within his/her Delegation of Authority Provide recommendations to the Project Sponsor (and Programme Manager where relevant) as to readiness for Project launches, and work with the Business Owner to develop and implement transition plans for the adoption of project deliverables by the business