Project Engineer (Mechanical engineer)
Thursday, 16 September 2021
General Employment - Other General Employment
- Must have BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Knowledge of Engineering HSE compliance requirements and other relevant legislation are essential
- Previous experience in manufacturing or automation industries will be required
- Previous experience in a Project Engineer role will be ideal
- Budgeting and cost management experience are important
- Must have experience in managing external contractors
- Ensuring compliance with mechanical standards and legislation relating to plant modifications and systems, providing the support needed to
- Define scope and engineering definition for project activities.
- Ensuring project scopes meet plant and site requirements by preparing project plans, functional estimates and resource requirements.
- Defining detailed specification design requirements for projects and controlling design resources to ensure that projects are delivered needs.
- Leading the development of project scope to meet objectives of the business, so that the application of engineering technology helps achieve competitive advantage.
- Directing and controlling the multi-functional design team in order to engineer the defined package in line with the business and project targets.
- Monitoring and controlling project progress and initiating corrective action when appropriate to meet the projected time and quality target