The company, based in Roodekop, is the South African subsidiary of a leading European industrial group. They are looking to recruit a Production Manager.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY OF THE POSITION
To plan, organise and control the production facility of the Roodekop plant in order to produce within agreed quality and cost specifications.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
To provide a Safe working environment by:
- Ensuring that the Company’s Safety policy and procedures are adhered to and are communicated to the workforce effectively.
- Managing the identification and rectification of safety issues including analysis of safety results and incidents.
- Ensuring all accidents, incidents, and near misses are recorded, investigated, and closed off in a timely manner.
- Maintaining 5S housekeeping standards.
- Identifying initiatives to improve Safety.
- Report safety conversations, near miss and safety engagements to achieve the agreed plants management intensity levels.
To provide Quality Assurance by:
- Ensuring that the correct Quality standards are complied with.
- Developing and implementing operating methods and procedures to improve product quality.
- Ensuring training is conducted to the correct standards and competency levels.
- Effective communication of Quality standards and work instructions
- Ensure SHEQ Management and compliance in the steel plant ISO 9001(2015) and SANS 266 in the Board plant.
- Maintain, review and develop the SABS Quality Management System to establish and maintain quality standards.
Management of Human resource issues for direct and indirect sub-ordinates including:
- Motivation of personnel
- Maintain good industrial relations between factory staff and management through the established of HR AND IR procedures
- Leading and coaching Team Leaders, subordinates and supervisory personnel.
- Participation to recruitment and selection of new employees
- Conducting performance appraisals for direct subordinates.
- Ensuring the training system is complied with by developing and maintaining up to date training documentation.
- Ensuring training programs are developed and adhered to.
- Ensure IR issues are addressed in a consistent, fair, and timely manner.
Achievement of Operational targets by:
- Organised and control the production facility to produce plasterboard and steel of the correct quality and cost at the correct time.
- Develop and motivate production staff to achieve agreed objectives regarding efficiency, quality, industrial relations, health and safety.
- Ensuring plant performance OEE target are adhered too.
- Review and analyse production, quality data to determine causes of non-conformity by using internal CI tools (R-EWO, QP-EWO, HERCA and A3)
- Ensure the implementation of all standard practices in the plants.
- Optimise production process that results in the effective use of raw materials both in terms of quality and cost.
- Management of labour costs and shift structures through the monitoring and control of overtime.
- Manage raw material stock counts and month end closure in SFC and SAP with Plant controller
- Manage the BOM’s, routing’s and production versions in SAP of the two plants.
- Manage AM/PM pillar with the maintenance team
- Manage manufacturing variances and identify corrective actions.
- Manage Capex projects
- Qualified Engineering Technician with relevant experience in Manufacturing Process
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in production or manufacturing plant. Sound electrical and mechanical knowledge. Ability to manage unskilled and skilled workforce.
- Excellent communication skills essential
- People management and Problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with conflict