Our client in Johannesburg has a permanent role available for a PROCUREMENT MANAGER in their Supply Chain department. This role will report into the Plant Manager.
Direct reports to the Procurement Manager will be 5 people.
RESPONSIBILTIES: The main function of the position is to negotiate with major suppliers and contractor(s) to obtain optimal pricing and supply. Ensuring that goods and services are procured at the specified quantity, quality, on the required date and at the most competitive prices. Supervises and manages the work of the buyers to ensure uninterrupted supply and continuous production. Supervises and manages personnel in regard to accurate and on time procurement and delivery of goods and services.
- Support corporate and plant procurement goals, policies, and procedures
- Identify, negotiate, and contract with strategic suppliers on all raw material, consumables, sub-contractors, and critical spares
- Ensures that all procurement is in support of BBBEE initiatives
- Manage and coordinate commercial contracts with all stakeholders
- Providing reports and information to management, Global and stakeholders on relevant procurement and supply status and initiatives
- Manage supply portfolio in line with company/production/maintenance requirements through compliance and transparent spending
- Generating and implementing efficient sourcing and category management strategies
- Analysing and calculating costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure and optimise preferential procurement initiatives
- Ensure that all stock, consumables, and spares are maintained at the required stock levels through liaison with Logistics/Stores and warehousing departments.
- Identify and manage supply risk methodologies
- Manage quantity and timing of sourcing and deliveries
- Ensure contractual compliance with all suppliers, providers, sub-contractors, and other stakeholders
- Negotiate effective terms with all suppliers with cognisance of preferential procurement in line with BBBEE and supplier initiatives with stakeholders
- Ensure proper recordkeeping and updates on contracts
- Collaborate closely with product suppliers and clients to build strong and long-lasting relationships
- Ensure that all procurement policies and procedures are adhered to by all parties
- Finalise purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Identify alternative sourcing opportunities for key and critical supplies
- Manage warehouse inventory and keep records of the inventory.
- Respond to and resolve complaints and problems.
- Keep up-to-date on shipping carriers, routes and rates and any changes to them.
- Ensure emergency preparedness for critical processes and spares through relevant system
- Education Level: Degree or Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Professional Registrations and Certifications: CIPS
- Language Requirements: English
- 10 years of experience in Procurement/Sourcing/Supply Chain
- 5 years supervisory experience
- 5 Years’ experience in managing or controlling stores/warehousing
- 5 Years’ experience in BBBEE (Preferential Procurement ED & SD Development)
· Microsoft Office
· Commercial law
· Negotiation skills
· Automotive industry experience
· Manufacturing experience
- Achieving results
- Initiative & Energy
- Living the Client Values
- Planning & Organizing
- Coaching & Development Others
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Effective Decision-making
- Business Acumen
- Change and Innovation
- Customer Focus
- Management Maturity
· Oral and written communication skills in English language
· Leadership skills with the ability to lead remote and cross-functional teams
· Organizational agility
· Negotiation skills
· Analytical skills
· Presentation skills
· Project management skills
· Detail orientated
· Negotiation skills
· Problem solving
· Dispute resolution
- Travel Frequency: Limited
- The position is situated in an office environment with climate-controlled environment. Exposure to plant environment (operating machinery, temperature, noise, odours, dust, drafts and chemicals used in the manufacture of the product) during daily activities and interactions as required in effectively communicating, training and coaching team members.
- Office environment with appropriate office equipment, electronic systems (hardware & software) to effectively accomplish required work assignments and management of function.
- Sitting, standing, lifting (generally under 20 kg), bending in performance of office related duties.