Our Client in Boksburg, Gauteng, has a permanent role available for a Plant Manager.
The purpose of the role: The successful candidate will be responsible for all Manufacturing and Operational activities in the Plant - this includes resource scheduling and optimization in order to supply product safely, on time at the contracted quality standard.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Responsible for all daily activities and operations in the respective plant.
- In conjunction with the production planning section, prepare and manage production schedules. This includes all resources; material, components, facilities, labour and equipment.
- Manage, monitor, and report production against the Master Production Schedule and participate in risk mitigating actions. The Plant Manager must raise early warning of any risk related to delivery deadlines.
- Set and manage the operational overheads and labour budget / forecast.
- Control and monitor direct cost of manufacturing.
- Provide inputs and motivations to the CAPEX budget.
- Communicate, monitor, and ensure compliance to all relevant legislation and SHEQ systems, standards & procedures.
- Recommend, motivate, and manage process and equipment changes via the official modification process and Engineering Change Proposal. Coordinate the plant modification initiatives.
- Resolve plant down-time through risk evaluation and task prioritization with the engineering section.
- Accountable for HR related problems which cannot be resolved at supervisor level. Ensure that performance contracting is maintained as per HR procedures and deadlines.
- Maintain discipline and comply with company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Support company vision and value system and ensure calibration throughout the team.
- B.Sc./B-Tech Degree (Mechanical/ Industrial Engineering) or relevant NQF 6 equivalent Tertiary Qualification.
- Experience in the field of Production / Manufacturing with at least two years leading a team at Middle Management level.
- CNC Machining experience a must.
- Precision or Automotive industries an added advantage.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, good judgement, and a decision maker.
- Ability to communicate and operate at a Senior Level.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Must be prepared to work irregular hours.
- Computer literacy, with good spreadsheet, Power Point presentation and ERP system knowledge.
- Good interpersonal and public speaking skills