PBT Group has an opportunity for 2x Intermediate to senior DBA’s to assist with an Oracle DB migration to AWS.
- Design a migration plan for on-prem Oracle databases to AWS. Note: evaluate various AWS options like EC2, RDS, and re-factoring to a new DB platform. Note many on-prem DBs are production critical.
- Design a dev refresh process for on-prem and on AWS.
- Design, and implement an on-prem migration + upgrade from AIX to Linux on latest Oracle versions.
- Socialise and approve all designs and plans, following the “Data Product Lifecycle” process defined by the client.
- Document the implementation process/steps.
- Develop the dev refresh processes / scripts.
- Implement an AWS monitoring tools/dashboard.
- Unpack and document the existing BANCS to ODS (core banking to operational data store) ETL process, with the objective of decommissioning Oracle Warehouse Builder.
- Design and execute CDC (near-real-time) loading of AWS Data Lake from Oracle data sources.
- Execute on the plan phases that fall within the contract period. The documentation should be validated for Business staff to continue the implementation post the contract period.
- Business Change, Incident, and Problem management to be adhered to.
- Project will adhere to the client’s Recipe (Agile Way of Work)
Skills / Experience Required:
- Solid experience as a DBA
- A degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent