Our client, a well-established logistics company, is seeking to employ an experienced Operations Manager for their distribution center in Johannesburg.
Overall Role Function:
- The overall objective of the Operations Manager is overseeing the daily operations of the RRU as well as managing all supply chain equipment across the DC functions (dry goods and perishables).
- Operations are to be managed and conducted according to approved SOPs and client expectation.
- Plan, manage and implement schedules to ensure deadlines are met and maintain a high-quality standard of service delivery.
- Plan, direct and coordinate purchasing, distribution, forecasting, planning and other equipment management services.
- Manage personnel and logistics systems and direct daily operations.
- Oversee and manage the various departments within the business unit.
- Analyze and report on various KPIs.
- The Operations Manager ensures uninterrupted and efficient operations as primary function of the equipment return center.
- Leadership, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure are key characteristics required for this position.
- Resourcefulness, confidence, and delivery of exceptional service to the client are cardinal priorities for the role.
- The key deliverable of this position is the efficient operation of the RRU and all its functions to ensure un-interrupted equipment availability to the client.
- Lead and motivate a diverse team.
- Monitoring of team staffing and managing risks.
- Drive KPI’s and goals with teams.
- Staff discipline and staff rostering.
- Mentoring of staff and staff queries.
- Empowerment of allocated management team to manage operations.
- Daily meetings and site walks with clients.
- Score card discussions with client.
- Attend monthly Steercom meetings with clients.
- Manage daily maintenance KPI’s and manage volume of damages.
- Manage “Scrap” sign-off sheets with client and manage tools compliance – align with OHS standards.
- Manage housekeeping.
- Maintenance reporting.
- Maintenance and / or servicing of facilities, MHE’s and vehicles
- Ensure spares availability, ordering, quotes, and delivery.
- Represent the company at CCMA cases.
- Manage union representation in conjunction with HR.
- You will be the OHS accountable representative of the company on site.
- All SHE files maintenance and updates.
- Monthly toolbox talks and safety awareness campaigns in conjunction with the group and client safety officers.
- Manage availability of equipment for client.
- Assist clients and client services with equipment demand planning.
- Highlight and mitigate risks.
- Stock take management and shunting plans and reporting.
- Equipment availability reports and staff reporting.
- Maintenance reports and financial reporting.
- Maintaining inventory levels to meet client requirements.
- Stock management and asset registers.
- Housekeeping and quality control management.
- Process management and systems management.
- Leave management and general administration and reporting.
- Financial management and statistics and analysis.
- Equipment return management.
- Plan a OPEX budget.
- Track manage and report on approved budget.
- Quotations and purchase orders.
Authority / Decision Making:
- Make daily decisions on all operational activities and requirements of the DC as it relates to supply chain equipment.
- Manage a budget and approve expenditure to an agreed amount.
- Tertiary management (essential).
- Degree in Supply Chain (desirable) or Degree in Management (desirable).
- Relevant equivalent qualification required (minimum diploma – essential.
- Experience may substitute academic qualification (essential).
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook) - essential.
- Requires 3 to 5 years’ experience in an operational management environment (preferably retail supply chain), with a demonstrated ability in a leadership position.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Passionate leader that can inspire and lead by example.
- Strong operational background.
- Able to generate effective procedures and drive adherence.
- Standards and results driven to match and exceed key performance indicators.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to:
- Influence, coach and build a team.
- Manage and interact with a diverse group of people on different levels.
- Basic understanding of the Health and Safety act.
- Good Mathematical skills.
- Above average computer literacy (MS Office) especially Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of the LRA and the BCEA and basic understanding of the OHS act.
- Neat personal presentation and attention to detail and analytical.
- Hard working, positive attitude, and sense of urgency.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Able to work well with a team and under pressure.
- Must be diligent and time competent in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be client service focused (internal clients / staff).
- Must be honest, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Be willing to work flexible hours and to perform duties on weekends.
- Good attendance record, clear disciplinary record, and no criminal record.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- English and Afrikaans (required).
- IsiXhosa, IsiZulu, Sotho, Swahili (desirable).
Area: Longmeadow, Johannesburg.
Market related salary on offer.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please forward your CV if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks from the date of this advertisement.