The OOP Team Lead will be responsible for Technical architecture, planning and leading of the development of new software products and features as well as maintaining and enhancing existing functionality
- Line management of an Agile team of Developers and QAs.
- Regular one to ones, career development, performance reviews. This includes training and mentorship of team members.
- Perform the duties of a PM and Scrum Master: Liaise with product management on the internal client side to gather project requirements; ensuring that the team has enough stories to work on each sprint; facilitate scrum ceremonies.
- Ensure that sprint work is carried out in a timely manner; remove impediments so that the team can work without interruptions.
- Gather requirements regarding the infrastructure needs of the team and ensure that the team has the required hardware, software and skills development needed to be able to perform at an optimum level.
- Attend to admin duties relating to the proper functioning of the team.
- Update project tickets and stakeholders
- Work on continuous improvement of the team processes, quality of deliverables and technical standards. This includes enforcing good coding and QA practices.
- Ensure the team is delivering excellent quality solutions, reporting progress and improving delivery if necessary.
- Supervise Software Engineers in scheduling and completing tasks and status reports, assisting with problem escalation.
- Manage resource allocation to scope and estimate user requests by determining their impact and costs.
- Execute technical strategies to increase efficiency and service.
- Interface with other departments to resolve complex or emergent operational problems.
- An empathetic kind leader who balances the need of their Development team with the needs of the business.
- A dependable person who delivers consistent quality and a curious person who learns and improves their professional skills.
- A lateral thinker who can solve problems using creative reasoning and a team collaborator who is able to take part in productive and respectful discussions with their colleagues.
- Proactively seeks out areas of inefficiency within the scope of the role, taking action to make continuous improvements.
- Facilitates meetings well, ensuring that all participants’ thoughts are considered.
- Can communicate clearly to various levels – Developers, Managers and business stakeholders
- Strong Solution Architecture, Quality Control, Delivery and OOP Programming experience
Please note that by submitting your personal information to Deka Minas you free-willingly issue the business consent to make use of such data for the specific purpose of securing you either permanent or temporary employment. Our business makes use of a POPIA compliant database and you have the right to access, right to correction and right to deletion of your personal information.