Annual CTC of up to R1,4m including Commission and Bonus
- Responsibilities for achieving target sales revenue. This is to be achieved through the effective training and management of the distribution channels, or by direct sales to the end-user, where appropriate.
- Candidates must have multi-dimensional skill set to handle sales and market development opportunities in addition to developing business with assigned sales territory and region.
- Identify relevant market trends and new business opportunities for future growth
- Responsibility for regional sales - marketing activities
- Guides the subsidiary by creating customer and market-oriented strategies
- Management of assigned product portfolio in distributor countries and emerging markets
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- You will lead the business as a Company representative for the distributors in the assigned territory
- Supports & Leads distributors by identifying and providing competitors information
- Develops a business plan and sales strategies for the assigned territory that ensures attainment of company sales goal and profitability
- Responsible for the performance and development of the assigned territory
- Responsible for financial goals of assigned business units to achieve Total MEA value target, target Volumes of strategic products and agreed growth rates
- Prepare and execute yearly action plans for the assigned region
- Prepare monthly rolling order/sales forecasting
- Arrange trainings for distributors
- Establish and develop multi-level relationships both with key distributors and customers
- Initiates and coordinates with the distributors action plans to penetrate new markets
- Manage brand-building initiatives in harmony with regional business strategy
- Making diagnosis (sales analysis) of distributors performances
- Quarterly reviews with partners and manage their performance accordingly in line with sales & marketing plans
- The negotiation of distributor contracts with new and existing partners acknowledging their individual needs and creating a win: win situation
- To work with existing partners to ensure they achieve the sales forecasts as outlined in contract of distribution
- Develops and closes new business opportunities with existing distributors and recruits potential new distribution partners while coaching assigned distributors enabling them to close sales
- Collect, analyse information about the market, e.g., competitors' activities and customers’ requirements etc for maximizing business opportunities.
- Design and execution of regular sales application trainings in the region
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key customers to support current and future objectives.
- Communicate effectively within the Internal global teams to ensure alignment of strategies and getting required support to MEA.
DEVELOP AND IMPLEMENT REGIONAL MARKETING MIX STRATEGY FOR ASSIGNED PRODUCT PORTFOLIO IN ACCORDANCE WITH GLOBAL AND REGIONAL STRATEGY:
- Develop marketing/operational plan, outlining and designing key activities and marketing programs and their organization
- Implement the global product strategy in the region in line with the relevant segment strategies.
- Drive business and competitive intelligence with regards to the assigned product portfolio for the region within the global guidelines and process for business;
- Define regional positioning and competitive strategies;
- Regular country visits for professional understanding about local markets, trends, business environment and local competitors;
- Manage entire life cycle process e.g., drive local product launch and ensure fast ramp-up as well as end-of-life activities to keep customers.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 8 years’ experience within sales environment/medical devices industry
- Previous experience managing distributors within South Africa & Sub-Saharan territories.
- Must be able to build budget spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive customer relations with all accounts.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel 40% - 50% or more of the time.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision in an environment that requires strong leadership, teamwork, and cross-functional interaction.
- Effectively and appropriately displays professional skills necessary to manage interpersonal relationships with team members, colleagues, and customers.
- Effectively manages daily tasks.
- Works in a well-organized manner, consistently meeting customer and time requirements.
- Strives for constant improvement; inspires and motivates others to adapt and drive changes.
- Represents Healthcare in a highly professional manner.
Fluent in English, Afrikaans languages are needed for this position (French/ Portuguese will be an added advantage)
This position needs people without any travel restrictions