The successful candidate will enable, drive and elevate our client’s position and market penetration into the South African Medical Imaging Market
The role of the National Product Manager encompasses, Product Manager, Key Account Management and Sales Management.
You will be internally and externally focused on Medical Imaging (X-ray, IT), functional operations in support of customer sales and market requirements. This person will be responsible for driving the implementation of strategic initiatives to accelerate growth in sales in the allocated territory.
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of Company sales goals and profitability
- Implement the Company’s sales process to establish a culture of consultative selling to customer’s decision-makers at all levels
- Cultivate and maintain effective business relationships with executive decision makers in large accounts
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets in the Health Environment
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin
- Maintains accurate records of all pricing, sales, and activity reports
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines
- Adheres to all Company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Coordinate sales and business initiatives and integrate sales processes across the Company in the allocated Territory
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective sales growth strategies and processes for Company’s business
- Serve as the driver to increment sales of Company’s in the allocated Territory regarding product requirements, selling trends, competitive landscape, marketing programs and communications
- Facilitate feedback to different areas of Company’s business regarding client needs, operational needs, business opportunities, and marketing/sales programs
- Drive the Company business in the allocated Territory to achieve and surpass sales and Business goals and objectives.
- Provide executive level representation at high-stakes meetings with prospects, clients, and technology/channel partners.
- Work closely with Service Team, Product & Services Marketing: channel feedback on product features and functions, trends, program needs, customer outreach programs and events
- Recommend selling techniques based on market and product knowledge
- Assist in developing brand identity and recognition in the allocated Territory
- Provide accurate and timely Forecast’s using the appropriate Sales Tools and Processes and maintain all relevant information about Customers, Prospects, Campaigns, and Leads
- Work with Sales Operations & Sales Leadership to ensure business is transacted accurately and within pricing guidelines to the highest ethical standards
- Work with Customers to ensure timely payments against invoices
- An undergrad degree is required
- Minimum 5 years Health Care Sales experience in South Africa
- Familiar with business strategies, as well as their associated metrics
- Health Information Technology background is preferred
- A proven track record in the health and medical devices industry and within a business unit with significant scale and complexity
- A powerful strategist who can quickly adapt to Company’s business model and thoughtfully implement the strategy
- Businessperson who has significant financial acumen, as well as an analytically disciplined mind and execution style
- Team builder with personality and cultural skills to win quick acceptance by the organization
- Action oriented, with right attitude/personality.
- Excellent communication skills
- Sales and Marketing excellence
- Strategic Orientation
- Results orientation