Operations Processing Officer
Contract Type Permanent
Salary Market Related
Closing Date: 06 May 2021
The Operation Support function, designs, builds, maintains and promotes good governance and support for the payments industry that contribute significantly to the safety and efficiency of the global financial system.
The key areas of responsibility entails managing the end-to-end operational value chain within a particular payment group (Electronic and Settlement)
- Management Information Systems and Reporting,
- Operational Management (monitor, measurement and problem solving),
- PCH PG management - members meetings agendas, priorities, projects, Incident management (including business continuity), Payment Clearing House Rules and agreements (including implementation).
- Member Stakeholder Management and support.
- Operations also provide subject matter expertise, interaction and support to other functions and areas namely: Strategy, Research, Legal, Communication and media, Risk, Registration, Project management (owner or co-owner), Business analysis, Compliance, Fraud management.
Essentials for the Role:
- Essential: The completion of the Certificate of Foundational Payments through PASA
- 10 years hands on experience with project support in a Payments Environment with no qualification; or
- 5 years hands on experience with a relevant tertiary qualification;
- System / Business analysis methodologies and principles;
- System / Business analysis techniques;
- Knowledge of the National Payment System;
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and governance in the payment sector;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Visio, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
To manage and lead the end-to-end value chain of the Electronic and Settlement Participant Groups by:
- Coordinate all operational management challenges in a relevant Participant Groups (PG);
- Be accountable for the PG’s governance and support;
- Ensure effective operational stakeholder management;
- Ensure the integration of all projects, agreements, rules of the PG;
- Effectively liaise with stakeholders
- Ensure that governance is maintained and endorsed during all PG meetings, Steering Committee meetings, Project meetings or any other supporting structures related meetings.
- Ensure that rules and specifications where applicable are enforced in order to ensure governance and adherence to requirements