National Application Specialist - X-RAY SYSTEMS
Thursday, 21 January 2021
General Employment - Other General Employment
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Must be familiar with General Radiography and Fluoroscopy equipment, both analogue as well as latest DR based digital systems, as well as CR products. Mammography and bone density is a requirement. CBCT and CT/MRI experience will be an advantage.
- Training end-users on the correct operation of the equipment in line with company standards.
- Attending key appointments with Sales Representatives with existing- and potential-customers to assist with demonstrations and product use.
- Self-motivated and able to self-study.
- Assisting Sales Representatives to network with and develop relationships with new customers and to manage existing customers.
- General Administration associated with the position including time and calendar management.
- Maintain a complete set of menus and parameters for X-Ray units as well as all digital units.
- Attending all applicable National and International Congresses.
- Assist in market assessment and competitor information.
- Assist Sales Representatives with product queries and/or technical/clinical application information.
- Ensure proficient handover of product once installed and ensure commissioning certificates are signed and handed back to Commercial Department.
- Answering of tender and quotation specifications where dedicated application knowledge is required.
- Presentations to departments requesting application support as well as QC and other Radiographic skills and techniques.
- As this is a national position, extensive travel is a requirement.
- Clinical experience with knowledge of competitive products.
- Clinical use of Digital X-Ray equipment as well as Analogue.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Attention to detail and accuracy and result orientated.
- Ability to motivate and support sales team.
- Work Ethic and Drive.
- A positive outlook and the Ability to learn fast.
- Ability to travel both in the country and occasionally overseas.
- High level of motivation and vision.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Problem solving.
- Assessment of technical vs application requirements.
- Results Orientated.
- Relationship building.
- Self-development through continuous clinical and product knowledge focus.
- Valid Driver’s license and own transport required.
- Grade 12 (Matric) is a minimum requirement.
- Qualification as a Diagnostic Radiographer.
- A post-graduate degree or diploma would be a definite advantage.
- Additional qualifications such as CT / MR / QA / PACS / Mammography will be advantageous.
- Additional Requirements
- The candidate is required to reside in Johannesburg or Pretoria