PBT Group has an opportunity for a SSAS Developer. The SSAS Developer will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and enhancement of cubes. The role involves working extensively with the reporting end user community to identify user requirements and recommend solution options. This person will perform as the subject matter expert for development, maintenance and performance of the cubes.
- Collaborate with other teams within the organization and be able to devise the technical solution as it relates to the business & technical requirements.
- Work with Business intelligence data engineers to define SSAS cube requirements.
- Develop and improve Microsoft analysis services cubes (tabular and multi-dimensional) to meet business requirements.
- Ensure that SSAS cubes complies with data visualization or presentation to meet business requirements.
- Maintain documentation for all cubes implemented.
- Adhere to and suggest improvements to coding standards, best practices, and contribute to the improvement of these best practices.
- The developer will be expected to use multiple data sources for cube development, for example Oracle Database and the big data environment.
- Should have solid experience in creating SSIS packages to process cubes.
- Participate in design and peer reviews.
- Mentoring junior and new resources on best practices and development.
- Design and implement data analytics key performance indicators that are aligned to business measures and analytics.
- Implement best practices on creating partitions and aggregations on cubes.
- Provide guidance and assistance to end user queries.
- Experience in working with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) in creating cubes, data source views, named queries, dimensions and deploying of analysis services projects.
- Good experience in writing MDX queries while creating and customizing cubes using SSAS.
- Experience in tabular and dimensional data modelling.
- Experience in handling of dynamic partitioning in tabular models.
- Extensive knowledge in SSAS storage and partitions.
- Highly proficient in SQL (both Oracle SQL and Hive SQL).
- Knowledge of Unix and/or Linux operating systems.
- Confident in engaging with business stakeholders.
- The candidate must have sound knowledge of ETL.
- Worked in environments with large data volumes.
- Experience required with version control software such as SVN or GIT.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Demonstrable experience in developing SSAS cubes in SQL Server, including Tabular Models.
- Proven experiences of large data sets.
- Strong Knowledge of SQL Server.
- Should have basic knowledge on SSAS administration.
- Development experience in OBIEE dashboards, Power BI or any other visualization tool.
- Needs to be self-driven.
- Telecommunications industry experience would be beneficial.
- Education: a 3-year diploma or higher