PBT Group has an opportunity for a Microsoft Power BI Developer. The visualisation specialist will be involved in the end-to-end process from initial stakeholder engagement and requirements gathering phases through to solution delivery and implementation. This person will be responsible for building customer (internal) facing dashboards/reports.
- Understand business requirements in BI context and design data models to transform raw data into meaningful insights.
- Develop dashboards and interactive visual reports using Power BI.
- Analysing data and present data through reports that aid decision-making.
- Convert business requirements into technical specifications and decide timelines to accomplish.
- Perform DAX queries and functions in Power BI.
- Addressing user questions concerning data integrity.
- Define standard templates, procedures and processes for deploying reports within EIS
- Naming conventions of workspaces
- When to use direct SQL versus imports
- Managing size of datasets
- Versioning/source control
- Maintain documentation for all reports/dashboards implemented.
- Reviewing proposed production changes to ensure the highest quality data standards and lowest production impact.
- The developer will be expected to use multiple data sources for report/dashboard development, for example Oracle Database, the big data environment and Microsoft SSAS cubes.
- Create standard templates/ style sheets for visualizations/reports.
- 5+ years visualisation development experience in Power BI.
- Proficient in Data Modelling and Data Mart Design.
- Proficient in SQL (both Oracle SQL and Hive SQL).
- Proficient in writing DAX queries in Power BI desktop.
- Experience required with version control software such as SVN or GIT.
- Confident in engaging with business stakeholders.
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- The candidate must have sound knowledge of ETL.
- Worked in environments with large data volumes.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Needs to be self-driven.
- Education: a 3-year diploma or higher