Our Client in Boskop, Gauteng, has a permanent role available for a MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE MANAGER (senior role). This falls within the division of Engineering. This role will report into the Executive Manager - Engineering.
This role is open to South African citizens with a valid SA ID.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Manage the maintenance activities for the Mechanical department for Boskop.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Management of the Mechanical maintenance department
- Ensure high quality and safety standards as per OHS-act and company procedures
- All statutory inspections done and corrections up to date
- Budget and budget control of the Mechanical department
- Continual improvement and capital projects
- Lean management
- Supply of steam and compressed air to manufacturing plants
- Minimum B Tech Mechanical Engineering or N6 or NQF equivalent
- GCC Factories will be an advantage.
- 5 Years’ experience in a maintenance environment.
- Very important: 5 Years' experience in Management in production companies (FMCG or automotive or any Steel company)
- Supervision experience in a maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of coal fired boilers and compressors.
- Computer Literate and able to operate the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Experience with SAP will be an advantage
- Energetic, Self-motivated, and able to work in a team
- Good communication skills (i.e., both verbal and written)
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement and display initiative.