The company, based in Roodekop, is the South African subsidiary of a leading European industrial group. They are looking to recruit a Maintenance Manager.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY OF THE POSITION
To plan and schedule maintenance activities. An in depth understanding of CMMS System (SAP) is necessary. Labour, material planning and excellent people management and communication skills are required. Assists the plant in providing the necessary maintenance resources and record keeping that is required to increase plant productivity, assist in maintenance work preparations to improve work efficiencies and increase plant performance. Responsible for maintaining production equipment availability and performance at satisfactory levels through the planning, scheduling, coordinating and reporting of repair activities. Assure resources are available and adequate to complete these tasks. Must be able to identify and prioritize multiple projects and perform work with a constant awareness of improving processes. Preparation of reports, metrics, and use of other tracking tools is key to the success of this position. The Maintenance Manager will support all policies, goals and objectives of the company, and will represent the company in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Identify specific safety hazards that will be encountered in the perfor-mance of the proposed work.
- Make safety procedures, including lock-out/tag-out/try-out proce-dures available to employees.
- Ensure that all aspects of the existing company safety policy are in-corporated into the job plan.
- Determine and include QA/QC requirements on jobs
- Procure equipment and specialized tools required to perform work
- Gather necessary engineering or technical documents, specifica-tions, and drawings
- Write clear and concise work procedures
- Keep bills of materials current.
- Correctly order stock materials.
- Reject or escalate any non-conforming product received to immedi-ate supervisor.
- Constantly, visually check slow moving items for criticality in the plant – if not report redundancy to supervisor
- Screening of incoming work orders, identification of scope, and anal-ysis of required level of planning
- Conduct plant walkabouts to identify and document job requirements
- Estimate required hours on work order tasks, total work order dura-tion, and skills required to perform the task
- Plan jobs with appropriate level of detail for the given skilled trades workforce
- Determine and arrange for parts required to perform the work
- Plan parts for all projects to maximize efficiency
- Compile information into a job package that is ready for maintenance and clearly communicate them regarding critical steps in the process
- Print and deliver work orders to the maintenance department in con-junction with the weekly work schedule
- Upon completion of jobs, communicate with maintenance depart-ment team regarding ideas and procedures that would make future jobs more efficient
- Coordinate priority setting with the management team. Place specific emphasis on obtaining the input of operations personnel in the set-ting of priorities
- Accurately measure the maintenance backlog in its various forms and continually maintain not less than 2 weeks’ worth of ready back-log at all times
- Responsible for ensuring that equipment and repair parts data entry and management.
- Ensures all work orders and maintenance log items are closed when work is finished.
- Participate in outage planning activities such as scope identification and control, scheduling, coordination, risk assessment, execution, and continuous improvement
- Communicate with contractor resources directly on specific work or-ders assigned to the contractors and the performance expectations of the work order. (Does not manage the contractors, but ensures that all of the details of the work order are clearly communicated and understood)
- Compile and deliver reports from CMMS (SAP) regarding the work execution management process.
- Qualified Engineering Technician or Engineer
- Minimum of 5-8years’ experience in a similar role and environment using SAP PM