The company, based in Roodekop, is a South African subsidiary of a leading European industrial group. They are looking to recruit a Maintenance Foreman.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY OF THE POSITION
- To manage and supervise the day to day plant maintenance to ensure the plant maintains a high machine efficiency / availability.
- To ensure risk assessments are performed before all work and control measures put in place to control the risk.
- To drive the process of preventative maintenance, developing and continuously improving the available Computerised Maintenance Management System, condition monitoring programs, and compliance to maintenance schedules.
- To control the availability of critical spares and ensure a quick turnaround on breakdowns.
- Knowledge of SHERQ systems (OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001)
- Good knowledge of manufacturing industry.
- Ability to identify problems, problem solve, and take corrective action to correct the deviations.
- Analyze equipment performance and failure modes.
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Knowledge of maintenance strategies and implementation thereof.
- Knowledge of condition monitoring programs and their implementation.
- Communicating effectively in the workplace.
- Understanding mechanical and electrical equipment related to mine water treatment systems.
- Coaching and mentoring of staff members.
- Knowledge of industry safety risks and controls.
- Knowledge of PLC and SCADA systems and their integration.
- Collate and report on all maintenance performance data.
- Knowledge of standard maintenance KPI’s.
- Budget control and Financial aptitude and knowledge
- Red seal trade test certificate mechanical or electrical
- Millwright qualification – advantageous
- Wireman’s license – advantageous
- Natural gas practitioner – advantageous
- 10 years of maintenance experience
- 3 years of PLC / C&I experience
- 5 years maintenance management / supervision
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in SAP