Our Client in Johannesburg in the steel industry, has a vacancy for a Maintenance Automation Technician. This is an hourly paid contract.
This role will report into the Maintenance Manager.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY AND SCOPE
- Develop and initiate advanced automated testing methodologies.
- Use a combination of testing methods.
- Collaborate with engineers to achieve expected quality levels in products.
- Influence the inclusion of testability during design and development phases.
- Interface with developers in executing projects.
- Participate in designing and code reviews.
- Participate in functioning processes.
- Ensure compliance of quality processes and standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plc Programming and installations of various PLC platforms.
- PLC Communications protocols understanding and installations.
- PLC and electrical fault finding.
- Scada System management and programming. (Adroit)
- SFC system management and programming. (Adroit)
- SQL data management, understanding and programming.
- SQL Reports Management and Programming.
- Development of new systems and installation thereof.
- Creation of electrical drawings.
- Assist Maintenance and production Departments on automation equipment.
- Installation of new CNC Machines and any new equipment.
- Repair and fault diagnosis of problems on CNC machines.
- Repairs to machines and breakdown assistance.
- Ordering of parts needed.
- Factory maintenance.
- HMI Programming and installations on various models of HMI.
- Programming of Fanuc CNC machines (Fanuc Ladder PMC system).
- Programming, Repair and Maintenance On 6 Axis Robots.
- Installation and Integration of robotics to machines and plc systems.
- Conveyor Systems Integration and development.
- Develop and building new panels for all new projects.
- Management of contractors
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense. The understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Good Understanding of a computer and Microsoft windows.
- Qualified Electrician or Instrumentation Technician, or Mechatronics Diploma or equivalent
- PLC-Electronic experience
- Calibration experience
- Scada systems
- Microsoft windows
- Analysis skills
- Conceptual ability
- Team player
- Communication – oral and written
CLIMATE: Hot, noisy
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.