Our client a multi-disciplined company where at the core lies an energetic team that permeates into every project undertaken. With 15 years of experience, predominantly in international markets, it has become a leading provider in digital marketing content as well as software development expertise and online solutions, seeking to increase brand reputation. With clients in the USA, Europe and the UK. They pride themselves in being at the cutting-edge of software technology and on par with market trends.
We are looking for a mid-level talented Linux Systems Administrator to join our dynamic team of IT professionals. The successful candidate should have a passion for IT and be very comfortable on the command line with all the major distributions of Linux. He/she should also have an excellent understanding of IT security and securing Linux servers and firewalls.
In addition to Linux, the successful candidate needs to have solid experience supporting Windows Desktops and Servers and Virtualised Environments.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology advantageous
- Additional Linux certifications such as RHCE will be considered advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years solid working experience and in depth knowledge supporting Linux environments such as CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian etc.
- Minimum of 3 years solid working experience supporting Windows environments
- Hands on experience with MySQL and MariaDB clusters and other databases MongoDB.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux scripting and the command line
- Solid understanding of DNS, PHP Web hosting on Apache/Nginx and SMTP mail server setup and administration
- In depth security knowledge and experience on Linux systems as well as Firewalls such as IPTables, Sonicwall, Sophos
- Solid understanding and hands on support experience with Virtual and Cloud environments VMWare, Hyper-V, Amazon AWS, Digital Ocean, Google Cloud.
- Must possess a very high level of attention to detail in his/her work.
- Good written and verbal command of the English language.
- Must have reliable own transport
- Must be willing to work after hours when required and be on standby
- Must be a team player.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the entire groups Linux Infrastructure globally. Design, Implementation, Securing and Administration of all Linux Infrastructure
- Provide IT Support to the Windows desktop and server environment when required
- Provide Network and Security support to the Linux Infrastructure and Firewalls
- Support the Virtual and Cloud hosting environments
- Assist the IT team with the daily SLA’s for the Global IT ticketing support system
- Monitoring of the entire IT infrastructure to ensure optimal uptime
- Regularly reviewing and updating of IT processes and procedures as required
- Implementing and maintaining of IT redundancy systems at remote offices