General Employment - Other General Employment
- Conducting research and providing legal advice on a range of corporate and business-related issues such as Trademarks etc. as required.
Key Performance Areas:
- Assist in processing innovation to ensure that organizational processes work and are practical.
- Assist in ensuring implementation and compliance with all relevant laws and regulations as well as the company's policies and procedures.
- Assist in monitoring and reporting quarterly and monthly on the approved APP as well as compliance plans.
- Assist in monitoring the achievement of plans through collection of monthly and quarterly progress report on relevant legal matters.
- Contribute input into the conceptualization and development of the organization's legal strategy.
- Conceptualize, develop the Legal strategy in particular focusing on legal outputs as well as compliance.
- Ensure professional written and well-researched legal opinions and advice to Management and other lines of business on request.
- Assist in ensuring adherence to all financial and other reporting deadlines (EXCO, Board, Board Committees).
- Assist in measuring the Board secretariat’s business unit performance to ensure optimal and effective utilization of resources.
- Assist in the development of an integrated contracts management system.
- Keep EXCO abreast of all deadlines and compliance matters.
- Participate in all specifications on procurement and tender process of the organization in terms of the procurement policy.
- Assist in managing the relationship with all legal Professional Service Providers and ensuring harmonious interaction with clients and stakeholders.
- Assist in ensuring that suppliers deliver to SLA’s.
- Assist in monitoring expenditure with strategic objective and all relevant rule and regulations.
- Postgraduate LLB and admission as an attorney
- 5-7 years’ experience in a commercial legal environment
- Project management skills.
- MS office advanced (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Exceptional self-motivated and self-directed- a self-starter who is highly motivated.
- Ability to work in a team and across functional teams and provide support judiciously.
- Budgeting and assessing variance reports.
- Thorough understanding of compliance requirements of a section 3A Agency of government as well as Tender Regulations.
- Strong labour law experience, to advice HR in all pertinent matters as well as to chair disciplinary matters.