Our Client in Germiston, Johannesburg, SA, has a permanent specialised role for a Key-Account-Manager - Special Steels (senior role). This role falls within the Marketing & Sales division under Direct Sales. International experience in this field is required.
- Only candidates with a valid South African ID.
- It is important to understand Armox and Ramor steel.
- Support customer upgrading to Special steels and to strategic products
- Support technical customer development in terms of design, production, and quality
- Develop sales through technical support and develop RSM through technical trainings and support in daily work
- Independently set up sales presentations, contracts, and proposals
- Negotiate offer including prices and delivery times and other terms within limits of authority
- Contribute to the strategy development in the Sales Area. Implement the strategy independently and in teams to reach short and medium term strategic goals
- Secure yearly sales and marketing targets with existing and potential customers
- Identifying upgrading opportunities in the field and call for relevant resources to convert these opportunities into business
- Develop marketing strategies for the product together with the marketing department and product manager
- Find and plan new sales channels through partnerships with contract producers and service providers
- Negotiate contract details and general setups with new service providers
- Support for the new contract service providers
- Support for the warehouse keeper in responsibility
- Inventory management and planning for the warehouses in responsibility
- Cross-team planning and control of sales initiatives and customer activities
- Always do the job safely, share relevant risk observations with the organisation and help colleagues to act safely
Knowledge and Experience
- University degree or equivalent, in Business Administration, Economics or Engineering
- At least 3 years working experience with international Western European companies, preferably OEM’s (original equipment manufacturer) and experience of value creation sales
- Identified potential to advance into ASM position within 5 years
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills both in English and Local language, additional language skills are meriting and for some positions required.
- Exceptionally good negotiation skills
- Good understanding of business and finance and strategic ability
Kindly inquire about the full spec which includes the Main Accountabilities, Achievements and whom you will be interfacing with.