Purpose of Position:
Our client, which operates in the Information and Communications Technology Industry, is seeking the professional expertise of a Key Accounts Manager to join our team.
The successful incumbent will be responsible to handle key accounts of the business. The KAM must build and maintain a strong relationship with the relevant client by being the lead point of contact for all key client matters, anticipate the client’s needs, work within the company to ensure deadlines for the client are met, and help the client succeed.
The KAM should ensure new business is generated from existing clients or contacts.
Total CTC R25k to R40k negotiable dependent on experience and sales track record.
Key Performance Areas:
- Developing a solid and trusting relationship between major key clients and company
Key Account Management:
- Responsible for creating and driving their sales pipeline
- Capture leads outside of specialization and use closed-loop lead management to ensure assignment and follow- up by others.
- Maintains knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position the company's products and services better.
- Use specialty expertise to seek out new opportunities and expand and enhance existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit.
- Provide input regarding business development and solution expertise.
- Development of quota objectives and future direction
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, up to and including the C-level for mid-to-large accounts
Delivery - Customer Satisfaction:
- Orchestrate internal resources in-sales and delivery to give the customer an enhanced experience across touch-points.
- Build a trusted group of reference-able customers.
- Ensure a smooth hand-off of all new accounts to the account management teams.
- Drive resource forecasting for the account from both confirmed opportunities as well as the opportunities in pipeline.
Offering - Competency Development:
- Look at solutions from the customer perspectives and competitive intelligence to develop new vertical and horizontal solutions.
- Showcase our solutions as a strategic fit for the customer organisation.
- Push for higher value/value added services and solutions to the customer in line with our offerings.
- Capture and create integrated opportunities with end-to-end solution delivery requirements.
The role will demand extensive knowledge and experience of:
- Developing strong relationships with the customer leading to deep understanding of their products and long-term business strategies.
- Supporting development and implementing sales strategy.
- Building and maintaining a network of public and private customer contacts and partners in the region.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a KAM role.
- Sound Business Acumen.
- Previous experience and proven knowledge of telecommunications and system integration industry.
- Microsoft Office proficiency – advanced level.
- Own vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Fluent in English Language (Ability to speak, write and read).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility & adaptability.
- Ability and willingness to travel.