Human Resources Responsibilities
• Advise and assist managers and supervisors on interpretation and administration of
human resource policy.
• Benefit administration including: RRSP, health benefits, travel allowances, etc…
• Administer recruitment activities including employee orientation, documentations,
police check, etc…
• Responsible for processing semi-monthly payroll for approximately 180 employees
through Ceridian or HRIS. Issues ROE and process garnishments.
• Process new hires, terminations, transfers, promotions, leave of absence and existing
employee changes related to payroll.
• Liaise and respond to any government or third-party agencies relating to payroll.
• Ensure accurate preparation of all payroll tax forms and year-end summaries, including
T4 preparations, EHT and WSIB reconciliations.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
• Work with Managers/Supervisors to ensure all workplace accidents/injuries/illnesses
are reported promptly.
• Assist Managers/Supervisors in developing early and safe return to work programs and
actively manage WSIB claims process.
• Perform other duties and projects as required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel)
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated a strong commitment to confidentiality and professionalism.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all levels within the agency, maturity
• Demonstrated initiative and sound judgment.
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
• Knowledge of Ceridian or HRIS is an asset.
• Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety act is an asset.
• Minimum education: community University degree in Human resources and or Industrial Psychology ; with two years of office/customer
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.