Our client is looking for a talented, multi-skilled IT Support Specialist to join their dynamic team of IT professionals. The successful candidate should have a passion for IT and be very comfortable with remotely supporting a variety of technologies like Windows Desktop and Server support, Linux Server support (advantageous), Network and Security support and Virtualised Cloud-based technology.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology
- Relevant technical certifications on Windows Server, Desktop, Linux, Security etc. (Preferred)
- 5 - 10 years of hands-on working experience supporting local and remote IT infrastructure.
- Must have strong Microsoft / Windows support experience
- Strong IT hardware and software knowledge across different operating systems is essential.
- Solid understanding and hands-on support experience with Virtual and Cloud environments e.g. ESX, Hyper-V, AWS, Digital Ocean, Google Cloud.
- Must possess a very high level of attention to detail in his/her work.
- Good command of the English language. Ability to speak French advantageous.
- Must reside in Jhb north and close surroundings
- Must have reliable own transport
- Must be willing to work 07h00 to 16h00 weekdays and after-hours/standby when required.
- Must be a team player.
- Windows Server
- IT Support
- Linux Server environment
- Network and Security support
- Virtual and Cloud hosting environments
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide IT Support for the Windows desktop and server environments of all remote offices.
- Provide IT Support to the Linux Server environment for remote and hosting locations.
- Provide Network and Security support for remote offices.
- Support the Virtual and Cloud hosting environments.
- Assist the IT team with the SLA's for the ticketing system.
- Monitoring of the remote IT infrastructure to ensure optimal uptime.
- Regularly reviewing and updating of IT processes and procedures as required.
- Implementing new hardware and software at remote offices.
- Implementing and maintaining of redundancy systems at remote offices.