To profitably grow the Construction & Engineering business through our network of brokers to attract, develop and
retain profitable business.
Develop and maintain corporate and International (Africa) effective business relationships.
through providing exceptional service and advice, whilst ensuring correct underwriting principles are maintained in
accordance with our Reinsurance Treaty and all relative legislation affecting our class of business.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• 10 years’ experience (Including managerial) with in-depth knowledge and understanding of Construction and
Engineering Insurance in the South African insurance market
o Product knowledge
o Underwriting procedure
o Rating principles
o Market knowledge (including competitors)
o Claims procedure, credit control.
o Reinsurance market and reinsurance treaties
• Self-management Skills, Strategic thinker
• Business management skills
• Negotiation skills (internal and external)
Required Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum of 5 years insurance experience (Construction & Engineering) including:
• Minimum of a BCom Degree or similar insurance qualification
• An engineering qualification would be highly advantageous.
• Strong Microsoft Office skill and ability, especially with regard to Excel and Word
• FAIS and Regulatory Exam compliant with at least an NQF 4 insurance certificate
• Own transport with driver’s licence
• Maintain and build relationships with existing brokers as well as identify new business opportunities through the
development and maintenance of a broker visibility/ visitation programme.
• Have a clear understanding of our products at all times and any changes to same and communicating these to
• With regard to market intelligence, maintain a sound knowledge of underwriting, claims and credit control
principles in the industry. Be aware of trends that would impact and influence product design, production and
• Contribute to effective marketing of the Company products by answering questions, resolving problems on topics
such as policy status, billing, etc, and explaining new or revised products and processes.
• Presentations to brokers and/or agents.
• Regularly attend broker related events to promote and market the Hollard Engineering division.
• Meet goals with regards to Gross Written Premium and required loss ratios in terms of new business quoted and
written within company guidelines.
• Provide timely and professional customer service to stakeholders.
• Decision Making: To make recommendations and take decisions on Technical or Complex Underwriting issues.
• Coaching and support: Providing informal and formal coaching support to team. Ensure that IDP’s are in place and
• Complete and send quotes to assigned brokers in a timely manner.
• Underwrite and analyse the risk provided through qualitative and quantitative data prepared by brokers.
Recommending creative alternatives with regard to rating plans, cover provided and payment options.
• Technical Expertise: In depth knowledge and Experience on the fundamentals of the Construction and
• Reinsurance: Treaty and Facultative placing, negotiate, monitoring and compliance Local and International.
• Conduct surveys on various risks.
• Review profitability, growth results and trends to recommend and implement action plans to produce profitable
• Regularly discuss and communicate trends and discuss underwriting criteria in terms of your portfolio of clients/
• Complete Renewal Reviews to ensure continued profitable growth business and discuss same with brokers as
• Have a good understanding of Sasria SOC Limited cover, processes, and requirements in order to make sure that
the correct Sasria rates are charged and that the relative Coupons are issued correctly and in accordance with SASRIA regulations
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link