Customer Relationships Development:
- Make calls by telephone to allocated customers to develop new relationships or either as a first point of contact.
Customer Needs Clarification:
- Set clear objectives for each sales call or meeting; use standard materials to make a presentation to the customer; and ask relevant questions to evaluate the customer's level of interest and to identify and respond to areas requiring further information or explanation.
- Sell Customer Propositions
- Identify the products or services that best meet the customer's needs, use personal expertise to propose quantities within standard operating systems, policies and procedures. Explain the selection to the customer, influence the customer to make a purchase with the best benefits and solutions to meet customer needs.
- Develop working knowledge of the organization's policies and procedures and of regulatory codes and codes of conduct relevant to own work, adhering to mandatory procedures to ensure own work is undertaken to the required standards.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Data
- Schedule callback and enter relevant information into the customer relationship management system after each contact with a customer to create a call plan and to ensure that the organization has quality data to enable effective customer retention and business development activities.
- Prioritise own workflow and ensure work is completed to the required standards of quality and timeliness; use performance management systems to improve personal performance to meet SLA.
Personal Capability Building:
- Keep abreast with current changes in internal policies and procedures, external regulations which is facilitated by the online training system and tracked by a formal assessment.
Sales Opportunities Creation:
- Identify potential customers by obtaining information, referrals, and recommendations from existing customers.
- Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to maximize the volume and value of direct sales.
Verbal and written Communication
- Uses clear and effective verbal communications skills with guidance (but not constant supervision) to express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies
- Supports business processes with guidance but not constant supervision by understanding and effectively using standard office equipment and standard software packages.
- Outlook - Basic; AS 400 - Intermediate; Apollo- Intermediate; IEX- Basic.
Action Planning and work scheduling
- Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to develop appropriate plans or perform necessary actions based on recommendations, requirements and achieve performance targets by optimizing work scheduling.
- Uses clear and effective writing skills with guidance (but not constant supervision) to express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies.
- Matric / Grade 12 or SAQA Accredited Equivalent (essential) Regulatory Exam 5 (advantageous)
- 1 year telephonic sales experience (essential)