A property development company situated in Johannesburg Central is seeking a HR Training Coordinator with a minimum of 5 years' experience within a training role to join their dynamic team.
This document describes the job functions, responsibilities, and tasks of an HR Training Coordinator. The HR Training coordinator reports to the Group HR Manager and will be based in the Head Office.
The Training Coordinator is responsible to render administrative support to the HR office of the company focusing on all staff.
Your job will be to provide support to the work of HR department by performing a variety of tasks. In this position, your primary duty will be to plan, coordinate and manage all data pertaining to training and development of staff.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Skills development facilitation
- Identify skills gaps
- Coordinate all training needs at organisation level in line with skills development act
- Planning, Implementing and reporting of training
- Responsible for induction
- Taking minutes: Attend the bi-weekly HR staff meeting regarding planning of activities for the following two weeks and ensure the minutes are drafted to indicate progress related to activities and deadlines at the meeting.
- Monthly recording of Training and skills development initiatives undertaken during the year to assist and enable the Company to submit the information needed for the annual ATR/WSP submission to the relevant SETA on time and with all the supporting evidence:
- Maintain and update the Training spreadsheet by categorising all training done between internal and external initiatives and ensure all relevant information is captured correctly.
- As soon as employees have completed external training and the Company receive the relevant training certificates confirming successful completion of the training, make copies of the original certificate(s) for the personnel file and training file before the original certificates are laminated/ framed and handed to PM’s/BM’s and employees. Also arrange for photographs to be taken (if need be).
- Ensure that the relevant invoices of the service providers plus proof of payment is collected from finance every month and filed in the training file for external training completed.
- Ensure that the relevant attendance registers for internal training are completed correctly and signed by the attendees as well as the Trainer/Facilitator of the training session and handed in at the HR office when the training session has been concluded and immediately filed in the training file for capturing on the training spreadsheet.
- In cases where the Company financially assist employees for training at universities or other registered Academic Institutions, ensure that the Study Assistance Agreements are signed off by all parties with relevant supporting documentation to be captured on the spreadsheet and kept in the training file etc.
- Liaise with relevant SETA and training providers
- Ensure compliance
- Measure return on investment
- Manage the EE committee
- Organise quarterly EE meetings
- Minute and distribute the EE meeting minutes to relevant parties
- Assist with compilation and submission of the EE reports to the department of labour annually
Occupational health and safety
- Ensure that signage is up in all the buildings
- Audit sites and ensure compliance
6. Personal development and succession planning
- Ensuring that pdps are created for all staff
- Custodian of the coaching and mentoring program
Job Specific Requirements:
Knowledge and Skills:
- English proficiency (Essential) & other African language (advantageous)
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel (Essential)
- Previous Training and development environment
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- People’s person and culture fit
- Administrative orientated
- Ability to work in a pressurized environment
- Ability to work in a team
- Willing to work overtime on occasions when required
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated, driven and hard working
- Organised, structured and deadline driven
Job Experience and Education:
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Training Coordinator or in a similar position
- Proven Training Coordinator experience
- Matric: Essential
- Qualification in HR (Beneficial)