Our client a well established Group of Companies who specialise in the Transportation, Manufacturing and Steel industries, is seeking the skills of a Dynamic and Qualified Chartered Accountant CA(SA) to join their team as GROUP FINANCIAL MANAGER - Johannesburg, Gauteng
This position will play a key role in the organisation’s operations, funding strategy and long-term financial security and will be responsible for the financial health of the organisation by producing financial reports, directing investment and funding activities, carrying out strategies to raise capital, and developing strategies and plans for the long term financial goals of the organisation. The ideal candidate will be someone who is a qualified Chartered Accountant (CA) with at least 5 years post articles and Operational experience.
Key performance areas include:
- Identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness, increase operational efficiency and drive process and system enhancements.
- Provide input into risk identification processes and communicate recommendations.
- Provide management with advice on financial implications of business activities and provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses and financial modelling.
- Manage funding and liquidity risk through effective and optimal working capital planning and management; and by ensuring that there are sufficient cash reserves available to fund unforeseeable events.
- Perform a variety of advanced financial analyses to determine present and forecasted financial health of the company.
- Develop and implement the organisation’s investment and cash management strategy, plan and policy.
- Ensure the organisation meets all its statutory and compliance obligations including statutory accounting and tax issues.
- Manage the preparation and publication of departmental and organization financial documents.
- Relevant post graduate degree in Accounting or Financial Management (BCom or BSc).
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (CA) and registered with SAICA.
- At least 5 years post articles experience.
- In depth knowledge of Tax Act and Companies Act.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and presentation skill.
- Able to liaise effectively
- Senior Operational Experience of at least 5 years post articles
- Group of companies experience will be advantageous
- Experience in managing and integrating Systems and Procedures
- Commercial and Business Acumen.
- Strategic Thinker.
- Problem Solving and Initiatives.
- Drive for Results.
- Leads Change and Continuous Improvement.
- Impact and Influence.
- Self-Awareness and Insight.
- Diversity and Inclusiveness.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well with and effectively with others on a team
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement – personally and with work assignments.
- Annual Financial Statements
- Internal Control & Compliance
*Market related salary package*