General Employment - Other General Employment
- Establish a compliance function in line with the standards set by the Compliance Institute of South Africa.
- Take responsibility for the management of the organisational compliance function and implementation of the Generally Acceptable Compliance Practice principles and the Code of Conduct, Ethics for Compliance Practitioners.
- Develop, ensure implementation, and monitor compliance with relevant policies.
- Advise relevant role players regarding new legislation or amendments to current legislation and the interpretation/impact thereof.
- Advise on integrated internal control systems and implement internal controls, effective and adequate systems.
- Develop, monitor, and review compliance risk management plan.
- Ensure monitoring of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Managing the Compliance Risk Framework and Compliance Implementation Plan in line with the National Treasury Compliance Framework.
- Responsible for the entire legislative compliance of the organization.
- Monitor compliance to all statutory and regulatory imperatives.
- Compile and maintain a statutory compliance register and Compliance Risk Management Plan.
- Compile and submit compliance reports to Management, Group Executive Committee (EXCO), the Audit and Risk Committee (ARC), and the Board and any identified stakeholder.
- Attend to any compliance-related matters as identified by the Group.
- Degree and/or diploma in legal/Accounting/ Internal Audit/Compliance
- Membership with a professional body such as CISA/IRMSA/Legal professional body/ Ethics Practitioners Association/Governance institute would be an added advantage.
- 1-3 years’ experience within the compliance function.
- Knowledge: PFMA, PPPFA, Treasury Regulations, King Report on Corporate Governance, Companies Act as well as applicable Treasury Regulations and Auditor-General requirements.