Government institution based in Johannesburg requires a GIS Technologist. You will report to the GIS Director.
Develop and implement advanced innovative GIS technology and applications to address the strategic objective of the organisation and effective implementation of GIS in the department.
- Data collections and maintenance
- Maintain GIS unit effectiveness
- Management of Governance
- Manage the development, motivation, and utilization of human resources for the discipline to ensure competent knowledge base
- GIS implementation, system audit, requirements analysis and implement GIS standards
- Assist in the production of specialised maps and map services
- Create shapefiles to merge topographical data with external data by layering external data over a topographical map.
- Producing maps showing the spatial distribution of various kinds of data
- Developing mapping applications and tools
- Connecting physical maps into a digital form for computer usage.
- Performing data wrangling and cleaning to convert data into its desired form
- Produce reports on geographic data utilizing data visualizations
- 3-4 years GIS Degree or related bachelor’s degree
- 5 years post qualification GIS Technologist Experience
- Compulsory registration with PLATO
- Valid Driver’s License