The Fund Accountant need to manage the day to day accounting duties for a specific bank account. The Fund accountant will be responsible for the management/reconciliations of various general ledger accounts which is reconciled monthly. They will also assist the Senior Fund Accountant with the preparation of the audit workings. They will be doing reconciliation checks during the month to make sure all system transactions are correctly accounted for.
This role will provide an effective and efficient administrative and
support function to the overall Fund Accounting Team within the different silo’s.
- Prepare the necessary recons monthly
- Make sure the bank balance is kept at the required minimum
- Managing the linking and making sure all the bank statement items are allocated daily.
- Use system reports to check that the respective GL account are correct and complete
- Create and upload csv files in online banking
- Manage creditor payments and make sure all proof of payment are sent out accordingly
- Manage debtors accounts and make sure all monies are received accordingly
- Prepare monthly cash flows with notes
- Prepare audit working
- Make sure all documentation is saved for easy access at the times of audit
- Manage electronic files and records to ensure relevant information is retrieved and prepared for use
- Attend monthly team meetings
- Accept accountability and take responsibility for any work done or allocated
- Assist the Senior Fund Accountants with the preparation of audits
- Display and willing and helpful attitude
INTERNAL CLIENT SUPPORT
- Communicate effectively with the administrators to resolve system issues at member level.
- Escalate items not reconciled within 30days
- Responding to Adhoc queries received from the admin teams, relating to banking and payments effectively
RISK MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
- Assist and provide necessary feedback to the Senior Fund Accountant.
- Communicate to top management with regards to any fraudulent and misrepresentation of information
- Excellent time management
- Flexible and ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Must be available to work overtime when the need arises
- Applying for time off/Leave as per company requirement and make sure all task are complete before going on leave.
- Matric (Grade 12) certificate with Mathematics and accounting
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Studying towards an accounting degree or similar diploma
- At least 5years experience in Retirement Funds
- Additional training and diplomas relating to accounting
- Evidence of working in a small-medium but effective team
- Being a team player is important, as you are assisting the Senior Fund accountant to achieve the goals/deadlines especially with regards to Fund audits
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office, excel advance, Word)
- String numeracy skill
- Good communication skills in English
- Deadline driven
- Ensure adherence to all organizational objectives
- Devote the whole of your time, attention and abilities during working hours to discharge of your duties with strict accuracy.
- Use your best endeavors to properly conduct, improve, extend, develop, promote, protect and preserve the business interest, reputation and goodwill of the company.
- Any other duties as determined by the business needs and to participate in all organizational events as required.
- Innovative thinking
- High ethics
- Needs to appreciate the importance of filing and reports
- Detailed orientated