Manage, control and minimize financial risk/losses in operations daily, weekly and monthly through disciplined management/control of company policies, procedures and processes. Direct, manage and motivate Finance department to achieve the agreed levels of excellence in each respective role and ensure accurate reporting of activities as required.
- CA and/or CIMA
- 3 years post article experience in FMCG/ Retail/Manufacturing industry an advantage
- Min 3 years Managerial experience with successful track record
- Own transport to and from work
- Strong MS Office experience, with advanced excel knowledge
Required Competencies to meet the Job Outcomes:
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Excellent Computer Literacy
- Strong leadership, presentation, and reporting skills
- Highly analytical, practical and technical ability to improve/ existing models
- Interpersonal Relationships and influencing skills
- Strong Emotional intelligence
- Integrity and honesty
- Able to work independently & also able to work as part of a team
- Self-driven and motivated
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review monthly Management Accounts in line with the company's formats and time requirements
- Review monthly reconciliations and ensure all differences have been followed up and cleared.
- Reviews all SARS and tax submissions.
- Prepare and analyze bi-monthly Management Reports and advise management on risks, opportunities and improvements
- Ensure that statutory reporting for the company is up to date, signed off and maintained on CIPC in line with all statuary requirements and due dates
- Develops and maintain Dashboards that track key daily activities and company core financial indicators
- Manage, review and sign off on finance departments monthly core activities
- Execute relevant internal controls to ensure the integrity of operations, financial and accounting practices. Evaluate risk factors that could adversely affect the business unit(s). Implement procedures to mitigate identified risks or exposure to risk, and disclose risk information to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage and Report on company cash management including debtors and expense controls
- Coordinate the budget preparation and manage the process throughout the budget period in accordance with guidelines and assumptions. Monitor and report variance analysis to support decision making and guide management in taking corrective action on budget variances.
- Analyse the financial statements and data to provide insights about the financial performance and position of the business unit(s). Use analytics to identify variances and root causes, and propose appropriate solutions.
- Central custodian of financial documentation and statutory requirements
- Manage, lead, control and motivate finance team through good management principles and accountability for performance
- Manage the external financial stakeholder relationships such as banks/institutions
- Provides directional input into the company's strategic plan and direction
- Participate in special projects and ensure project delivery through providing effective finance advice and support.