Our client in the Banking Sector requires a Feature Analyst on a 12 months contract, who is driven by delivering value in the form of business outcomes by collaborating within the feature team and key stakeholders. Also, responsible for ensuring that requirements map back to the business value and that the entire feature team knows what and how they are implementing towards the desired requirement.
- Facilitate and participate in discovery/inception workshops to create a shared understanding of user needs and the potential technology solution required to deliver to these needs.
- Identify user journeys which map out how a user will go through the system.
- Work ahead of the team to get clarity on some (not all) requirements before the next iteration.
- Create relevant user stories.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams comprised of product management, User Experience (UX), technology, support, testing and other subject matter experts to gather and analyse functional needs and user story requirements.
- Groom user stories through business interviews, workshops or procedures and map user stories ensuring they come together as a cohesive whole.
- Provide the Product Owner with key information for prioritisation and estimation.
- Facilitate and participate in iteration meetings (product backlog grooming, planning meeting, daily stand up, review meeting and retrospective).
- Obtain sign off during iteration review sessions.
- Manage the stories (in JIRA), ensuring that all requirements are loaded as stories, ensuring the stories are assigned to epics.
- Support showcasing stories to stakeholders
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree in IT and Computer Sciences
- Appropriate tertiary qualification aligned to Agile methodologies; or
- 3-year degree in Business Analysis.
- 7 - 10 years practical experience in working in a variety of business areas within IT. Understanding and experience of the various disciplines within IT and how they relate to each other.
- 5-7 years’ experience with requirements elicitation, gathering, documentation and management