Adapt IT A provider of leading specialised software and digitally-led business solutions that assist clients across targeted industries to Achieve more.
Adapt IT Education division, one of 7 Adapt IT vertical businesses, provides leading specialised software and digitally-led solutions through its class leading Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) commonly referred to as the ITS Integrator, augmented by its ICAS and Wisenet Student Management Solutions (SMS) for private as well as corporate customers.
Unprecedented demand and growth in online Learning Management Solutions (LMS) presents Adapt IT with a unique opportunity to leverage its Moodle Certification to offer class leading LMS solutions to the public and private Education and corporate markets. Adapt IT has a firm Pan-African growth strategy that has seen it establish offices in Mauritius, Botswana, Kenya and Nigeria. Europe is represented through our Dublin office while Asia Pacific presence is through Singapore, Melbourne and Wellington.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
Adapt IT is excited to offer a rare opportunity to a seasoned and appropriately experienced leader to join our business and take this business to the next level. This opportunity is concerned with managing the entire P+L of this fledgeling business unit. Working with a youthful team and partners, our goal is to double the size of this unit every year for the next 5 years. The scope of this role covers pre-sales, sales, project delivery and post implementation support.
- You are expected to develop and execute the expansion and execution strategy of our Moodle LMS business
- Leverage your extensive Moodle LMS knowledge and academic/education experience to advise and guide current and prospective customers on the most appropriate approach for digitising online learning management
- Oversee the full business development function, from marketing, pipeline management, sales, including responding to solicited and unsolicited bid opportunities
- Ensure successful implementation of projects through effective project management and risk mitigation oversight
- Represent the business unit at internal management meetings in presenting budget as well overall financial performance.
- Drive internal consultation with various internal stakeholders across marketing, technical development, support, infrastructure hosting and support
- Participate and provide Subject Matter Expert input in various fora to advocate and advance Adapt IT products and solutions, particularly our learning management solutions
- Be central in the advancement of Adapt IT Innovation agenda in partnership with institutions of higher learning, as well as the corporate sector
- Demonstrable leadership capability in managing a diversified team of high-performance team
- Moodle LMS Solution Advanced Knowledge
- Above average financial acumen
- Problem solving and analysis
- Relationship and Stakeholder management
- Superior presentation and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Recognised postgraduate qualification in Education, Business Management or Technology, preferably at PHD level
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in academic development with respect to educational technologies and blended learning technologies
- Intermediate experience in designing digital learning and assessment content (e.g., SCORM, Interactive digital content, videos, SCORMs, etc
- Proficiency in applicable LMS solutions, e.g., Moodle
- Minimum 10-year relevant management experience in a similar role
- Candidate should have led or played a significant role in an implementation of a Moodle equivalent project in an institution of higher learning
- Demonstrable experience in development and rollout of innovative technology solutions a distinct advantage